Houzz Logo Print
jeffrey_ferrer66

Artwork suggestions

Jeffrey Ferrer
il y a 7 ans
I've been searching for a nice artwork or anything to put on an empty wall that would suit my lounge and I'm not sure what to put behind the television. Any help would be appreciated. The house isn't quite there yet so I do need help.

Commentaires (27)

• Jeffrey Ferrer
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    I have been adding stuff to add interests in the room. Hopefully I'm not overdoing it.
  • PRO
    2 FIND and DESIGN
    il y a 7 ans
    You could check out designer boys instagram for inspiration
  • Discussions associées

Coussins unis, a motifs ou imprimes ?

Q

Commentaires (1)
    Bonjour nous proposons de la décoration murale sur toile et plexi mais également du coussin. Vous pouvez jeter un p'tit coup d'oeil sur notre site internet www.eyefoodfactory.com ;-) bonne journée Mélanie
    ... Voir plus

Recherche idées de carrelage style art deco

Q

Commentaires (6)
    Bonsoir Le sol est maçonné, sans autre revêtement car il est aujourd'hui utilisé comme cave. Je suis cependant intéressée par les techniques de rénovation car au niveau au-dessus il y a un joli carrelage en ciment sans doute d'époque mais qui est un peu terne après toutes ces années. Pour ce qui est de l'art nouveau, je ne connais pas bien la différence avec l'art deco, mes connaissances en terme de styles décoratifs restant assez superficielles...
    ... Voir plus

décoration mural de mon salon sejour

Q

Commentaires (63)
    j'ai regardé la galerie de tableaux il y a des tableaux modernes qui ressemblent au votre mais on les a déjà vu et revu de partout, l les tableaux abstraits sobres sont pas mal mais manque de couleur chaudes subtiles et ceux sur New York sont sympas est assez colorés mais je préfère le mien il fait plus indus et street art, il est moins connu et plus original
    ... Voir plus

du peps pour ma pièce de vie

Q

Commentaires (5)
    Bonjour, en ce qui concerne l'ancien emplacement de cheminée j'ai eu le même souci dans mon appartement puis dans ma maison actuelle. A chaque fois j'ai fait intervenir un menuisier , je vous mets une photo du résultat ( ici j'ai fait abattre une cloison contre laquelle se trouvait , de chaque côté , une cheminée d'angle ) Le dessin en W est original et j'ai centré un vrai devant de cheminée en bois déniché dans une brocante qui me sert de bibliothèque 🙂. Une solution possible...
    ... Voir plus
  • girlguides
    il y a 7 ans
    Very nice room wouldn't add anything more now except artwork above tv. Love mirror!!
    I'd look for something longer than tv and narrower or say 3 prints in same frame. Please post when Find have fun!
  • Jeffrey Ferrer
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Thanks 2 find and design. Will check the instagram.

Thanks girlguides... I found the big mirror on gumtree for 80 dollars, i tend to shy away from being too trendy so I seek old and nice things from other people online.
  • bigreader
    il y a 7 ans
    Jeffrey. I can see sharing wine and gossip in that room so it's pretty much spot on. It has a nice individual character.

I'd take your time adding anything else. You don't want to go from cosy to cluttered.

Reasonable choice of art on Temple and Webster.

Do you have any photos from childhood, travels or special memories? These always add to a room. And you can get them reprinted in any size and made sepia or black/white.
  • KK1000
    il y a 7 ans
    Nice room , the White table , curtains and cushion little bit harsh , maybe something like linen colour or husk would be nicer so it all blends in nicely, as for artwork look for young artists that are selling their work on line , they are inexpensive and original and you are supporting someone.
  • PRO
    signarture
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Hi Jeffrey, if you'd like art inspiration, feel free to check out our online gallery and if there's something that resonates, we can help you through deciding on the right proportions to suit your space.

• allanaspree
    il y a 7 ans

A couple of suggestions to try out. Not sure that you need to put art above TV - can be too much. Why don't you try moving the lamps to either side of the sofa. Place the tall sculptures/bottles on RHS of TV (they are a little lost & underappreciated where they are now) and place the wicker piece currently on the floor leaning against the wall either behind the sculptures or on the LHS of the TV. Not sure what the mirror is reflecting currently so unless it is reflecting a great view, a piece of art there might be very good instead. You never know unless you try..........

• Fiona Anastasia Whitefoot
    il y a 7 ans
    Behind the television would be quite satisfactory. Make sure that the piece of artwork/print you find will compliment the space. It can either make s room or break a room! All the best!
  • PRO
    Cordony Group
    il y a 7 ans

I agree with @2 FIND and DESIGN.

Designer Boys are perfect for contemporary & fresh styles. Their prints and beaded artwork are unique and very reasonable prices! All the artwork in our styling pictured is from them.

These can be purchased online at https://www.designerboyscollections.com/

however their site is only available for viewing by trade customers- which we have access to.

We'd love to help out! To get in contact: 1300 669 590 or kahlia@cordonydesigns.com.au

Raymond Street, Neutral Bay · Plus d'infos

McIntyre St, Gordon · Plus d'infos
    Cross Street, Pymble · Plus d'infos
    Nelson Street, Chatswood · Plus d'infos
    McIntyre St, Gordon · Plus d'infos

Crana Avenue East Lindfield · Plus d'infos
    Cross Street, Pymble · Plus d'infos

Or to inject a bit of colour into the room:

High Street, Willoughby · Plus d'infos
    High Street, Willoughby · Plus d'infos

• asquithoatley
    il y a 7 ans

I don't think you need an artwork behind the tv, it will look too cluttered. I think it would look better to have the art where the mirror currently is , as right now it is not reflecting anything too interesting. Do you have another spot for that lovely mirror?

• User
    il y a 7 ans

Hello, please see some options below from www.chamberlaindesigns.com.au. There are a range of frame and size options available.

Let me know if these are of interest to you.

• hanayuki
    il y a 7 ans

Instead of art work, you could also use fabric items. I used a beautiful vintage kimono that I bought on Ebay to give more warmth to a very modern city apartment. It wasn't expensive as it was very badly stained inside, but perfect on the outside which was the side on display. It had a background colour of cream with embroidered maple leaves falling down a coral coloured stream. This went nicely with the aqua of the glass table and warmed up the black leather couches. Other fabric ideas include old quilts, vintage obis, other ethnic costumes such as Chinese jackets, tapestry, old christening gowns. Another current trend item is a sort of African hat called a Juju hat, that is basically a circle of white feathers. These add a bit of texture but are quite subtle if you don't want much colour. There are also Chinese and Japanese scrolls and screens which are all individual pieces and can be as graphic as black calligraphy, or as gentle as a whisper of aqua willow leaves. Once again scroll through Ebay.

• Sujan Roy
    il y a 7 ans

IMHO to my Mumbai sensibilities the room looks cold and uninviting, like a posh dentist's waiting room. But let that not deter you - perhaps your taste is diametrically different.

I would add pops of colour with bright, exotic silk coverings for the fabrics. The wall behind the TV is just right for a medley of framed family photographs in mismatched frames sourced from flea markets to add a bit of whimsy to the room. A wall-mounted book shelf may be another alternative to lighten the clinical mood of the room.

• PRO
    Gallery 360
    il y a 7 ans

You have created a lovely feel to this space with interesting textures, patterns and colours. We have put together a couple of ideas that we think could be beautiful additions to the aesthetic you have created. If you would like sizing or pricing details for either of our print suggestions, please contact us at the gallery.

• rubyblue70
    il y a 7 ans

Hi, it's a lovely space you've got there.
    We had a similar problem in our lounge room and ended up putting a beach seascape panorama picture. We took the picture on an iPhone and then had it printed on 40cmx110cm and framed it black (our lounge is mainly black and white). That was a sufficient size for the space we had - you might need something much bigger. Or as in previous suggested: have 3 pictures in a row.
    (As for the re-arrangements: I probably would avoid placing the plant pot in the corner between the couch and TV bench: there's too little light for it to keep it there permanently.)

• PRO
    PETE COLLINGS architect
    il y a 7 ans

For something totally awesome look no further than Rona Green: (her lino-cuts are amazing] http://www.ronagreen.com/

• PRO
    Bloom Collections
    il y a 7 ans
    We are loving Anya Brock in our designs at the moment, personally I have four very large pieces.

Her latest work would look beautiful on that space. Google Anya Brock.
  • heather334
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Jeffrey, you want to bring a more neutral palette into your accessories to complement the busy-ness of your carpet and the darkness of the sofa. Look for textured fabrics in neutral tones, such as hide, wool, linen - but make sure they tone in with the brown sofa. The two side lamps are out of balance where they are as they're swamping the media centre with their dominance! If you're looking for a suitable lamp (just one) to place next to the TV, then opt for a more elongated and slim-line one, with some height. I agree with allanaspree (above) that the lamps would be better suited on either side of the sofa, allowing for nicer ambience in the room.

I'm not sure what's situated behind the two chairs, but you could try to swing the lounge room around by moving the media centre and TV to the wall currently occupied by the sofa. Place your sofa and mirror into that vacated spot, and put your side tables and lamps on either side of the sofa. The mirror will reflect the whole room in its entirety, and not just some random open doors behind your chairs! TV viewing will be easier for all with this plan.

Moving the media centre will give you a few more options to
    dress the wall. Just be mindful that less is more on that wall, as it
    will be competing for attention with the AC. A striking piece of artwork
    on the RHS of the TV will draw the eyes away from the AC to the left
    and above. If you do opt to move the TV to this wall, I would not
    recommend placing any artwork above the television! Not only would it be
    too busy, but it would compete with the AC and the telly. An
    assymetrical approach to dressing your wall will give a more visual
    balance to it.

The only other thing I'd recommend would be that you raise the curtains to ceiling height. At the moment, their lowered height is giving the AC prominence on that wall! You want to draw the eyes away from the unit. If your budget can stretch to it, I'd draw inspiration from the brass elements in your
    accessories, and replace the white curtain pole with a brass one. It's always about BALANCE!

Do come back with your new and improved look so we can see how it's traveling! :D

• Jeffrey Ferrer
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Oh wow. The comments are lovely. The suggestions and criticisms are awesome and I'm keeping an open mind. Will do try and modify some stuff and I'm a bit on a tight budget at the moment, I'm paying my mortgage on my own with my partner helping with bills. I'm 30 and my partner is 28, so we are fairly young couple trying to be independent. I always have a love in decorating and interior design but never got into it formally as I work in the health industry. So glad some people liked my design but as I have said I'm fairly new to this and duno where to source the things needed with a limited budget. Haha. :) you guys are magnificent! Thank you!
  • wuff
    il y a 7 ans
    I love your room, it looks very inviting and restful a calming vibe. I like the mirror, did you white wash the chest /coffee table - looks awesome
  • PRO
    The Creative Nest Artwork
    il y a 7 ans

Hi Jeffery.

Lovely traditional / transitional space. I think something like the attached would work really nicely in this area. Black or White frame to keep it simple and either a black and white piece or something more subtle with really light tones through it as attached.

We have a lot more in store to check out if you are interested. www.thecreativenestartwork.com

- The Creative Nest Artwork

• John Henson
    il y a 7 ans
    Art,the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination. Get to some galleries and buy something original.
  • wuff
    il y a 7 ans

Yay John Henson ..or you could try going to a photographic course learn how to take good or artistic photos and have them enlarged onto canvases is another option, you will be surprised at what your can achieve with some professional lessons .

• PRO
    N.B. Interiors
    il y a 7 ans

Hi Jeffrey,

Firstly, you've done a great job on the room so far! I do feel though, that putting artwork ( another rectilinear object) behind the TV would not work so well. I'd consider something a little more organic, which will add visual interest and texture, such as an arrangement of flat woven baskets or a tribal headpiece - [Staircase on Sanctuary Cove project - N.B.Interiors[(https://www.houzz.com.au/photos/stairwell-sanctuary-cove-queensland-eclectic-staircase-gold-coast-tweed-phvw-vp~41565111). Hunt around until you find the right thing for the space - could be a collection of smaller items.

• LesleyH
    il y a 7 ans
    I always wonder if watching TV with a painting above or other object/s may be distracting. I love your rug and cushions by the way.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».