Houzz Logo Print
jmbro10

Calacatta, Subway and Hexagon - too much going on?

Jackie Brown
il y a 7 ans

New Master Bath - White shaker, honed Calacatta countertops and tub surround. I'm looking to save a little money and hopefully add some interest by using solid white or cream porcelain or ceramic tile in shower and on bathroom floor. I'd like classic subway for shower walls and was thinking of small hexagon on shower floor and large hexagon on the bathroom floor.

Do I have too many shapes and materials? Should I use glossy or matt in the tiles? Would a beveled subway be too much detail?

Thanks for any comments!

Commentaires (10)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    il y a 7 ans

Edit and simplify is my mantra, so I do think it's too much. Maybe consider basic white penny tile for shower and bathroom floors. Obviously, you'd want the white penny tile to 'match' the other whites in the space.

• Jackie Brown
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Lori, do you mean penny instead of hexagon but keep the subway? If so, isn't that the same number of patterns? Or maybe it's the two sizes of hex which would be too much? Thanks for any clarification.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Keep the subway, not beveled. The penny rounds are a simpler shape compared to the hexagon. But one size hex would be an option too. Actually love the 1923 Craftsman example printesa posted.

Jackie Brown a remercié Lori A. Sawaya
  • printesa
    il y a 7 ans

probably not beveled and not because of the detail, but for cleaning purposes...too many crevices to clean

Jackie Brown a remercié printesa
  • printesa
    il y a 7 ans

I've also seen subway tile on the floor placed in herringbone pattern

• Jackie Brown
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

I love both pics appreciate the ideas. I think I can go with any of those combinations and it will feel right. I knew something was wrong with my initial idea. Thank you!

• printesa
    il y a 7 ans

I found one photo where they used the combination you had in mind

VINTAGE INSPIRED BATHROOM · Plus d'infos

• Jackie Brown
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Yikes. So glad I posted this question and you both helped me. I was headed down crazy lane. Thank you!

• PRO
    Architessera
    il y a 6 ans

We love to design areas with one material in multiple sizes and shapes and our customers love it. It shows flow and elegance (if designed properly). In this master bathroom, over five shapes/sizes of Italian Calacatta was supplied by us; including: 4x12 Honed, Basketweave Mosaic, Baseboard, 1x1 Mosaic and slabs! All products shown in this picture are available for purchase on our site. http://www.calacattamarble.com/

For any questions, please call us at 1.800.785.7959 or email us at info@calacattamarble.com

Jackie Brown a remercié Architessera
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».