Houzz Logo Print
laurataylor01

Glass wall in bathroom...hmmmmm

Laura Taylor
il y a 6 ans

Help..... I have decided to install a glass wall (opaque) in my main bathroom. I have also ordered a circular copper bath and matching counter top sink.

The idea being, when you walk in the front door of the house and look up, you will see a different white finish to the lower level paint, through that you will spy hints of the copper colour (sink) to create intrigue.

what I hadn't thought about was what to stand the copper sink on and how you hide the waste when the back of a unit has a glass wall behind......

I'm using a freestanding tap.

you enter the house from a Georgian farmhouse facade, the hall has Spanish floor tiles and a raw concerted staircase.

anyone with any ideas???? Links to a product / solution appreciated!

Commentaires (9)

• PRO
    Bisque Radiators
    il y a 6 ans

Marble and copper together is very popular in interior design!

Have you considered using a marble surround, this will complement the copper but still keeping it at the focus point?

• Laura Taylor
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Hi, thanks for taking the time out to reply :-)

I think you are right, marble and copper go together really well. And yes i agree it would let the sink stand out.

Im not sure how it would work with the glass wall behind though?

• PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    il y a 6 ans

morning ,laura

a free standing brass/bespoke copper basin stand to mount the copper sink

and i would have exposed copper waste traps and pipes just to keep things coordinated ,

• Laura Taylor
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Cool, thanks. What would you do with the waste?

• PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    il y a 6 ans

i would have exposed waste traps and pipes all in copper

• PRO
    OnePlan
    il y a 6 ans
    If hints of copper will be visible from front door - won't hints of people be visible too ? Not sure if that's a great idea - what happens at night when you have lights on in bathroom and it's even more visible ?!?
  • Laura Taylor
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Don't worry, its just the sink! The loo and bath are nowhere near!!

• PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
    il y a 6 ans

Hi Laura,

As others have suggested, I think copper and marble work really well together. If you're looking for something more durable, I'd really recommend Minerva from Sylmar. They have a fantastic Carrara marble equivalent as well as a beautiful and opulent "white sparke" - think wonderfully subtle iridescent shimmer which has the most marvellous effect under good lighting.

Let us know what to decide!

Laura Taylor a remercié Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».