Houzz Logo Print
shwetha7986

Furniture placing dilemma - please help

hobbes
il y a 6 ans
We have an oddly shaped great room (drawing below). Me and spouse are arguing about furniture placement. We have two options (drawings below). 1. Sofa and loveseat 2. Sectional. With option one the loveseat might be too close to media unit and option two might be blocking our hallway. Which would u prefer? Any other suggestions?

Commentaires (2)

• PRO
    The Organizing Decorator
    il y a 6 ans

Do yourself a huge favor here. Get some grid paper, and draw it to scale. Two squares equals a foot, or five squares equals a foot. Then take very real measurements of the sectional and sofas you have in mind. Take measurements between the window/sliding glass door. Take exact measurements of the length of the media wall. If you don't have a particular sectional or sofa in mind, pick one out that you like, and measure that. This is what I do as a decorator. Real measurements, real scale. Measure every single bit of the wall. Measure doorways and entrances. I promise it isn't too difficult!

• PRO
    Eastern Glass Block
    il y a 6 ans

I agree with The Organizing Decorator. In our profession too, meticulosity goes a long way. It helps a lot when figuring things like this out too.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».