Houzz Logo Print
t_tallett

Help me finish off my kitchen please!

Monica Friend
il y a 6 ans

Good evening all

I posted on here a few months ago for advice on my kitchen layout, we have now had our extension and the new kitchen is in. I'm really pleased with it and I love it. The kitchen is an all white, mat handless and the worktop is white corian.

But I'm struggling to pull everything together to create the final look. I really love the Scandinavian look and I was hoping to use grey as an accent and possibly tie navy in somewhere too.....can anyone give me some help?

Not sure whether to keep walls white and if so - how do I choose a white? I never knew there were so many shades!

The room is south facing and we have a large decked area and a big garden beyond the bifolds once the temporary make shift fencing the builders put there has been taken down!

I need a splashback (not a fan of tiles) pendant lights above the island 2 or 3, a rug and an arrangement of 3 armchairs by the bi folds, plus a very small side table to rest a cuppa on - but although I know I like grey and navy I don't know what colour to put where?

Please, can anyone tell me what to do!

P.s the blue on the cabinets is the cover film I haven't removed yet until they put the floor down - I have put pic of flooring already bought in

Commentaires (10)

• Just Ju
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

Wow looks amazing, I have splashes of color around my walls I will upload to show you. Re grey & navy you could use navy on your walls if you have of plenty of light as it will bounce back or you could use a grey or white and go for navy accessories or vice versa or even grey pendants

There are some amazing splashbacks available with or without pictures i.e milk pouring/water splashes or even able to upload your own pic or words into a slash back

I will show you one pic of my smallest area of my kitchen to show you my color splash which I have different sizes of on all walls

Good luck finishing your kitchen

• Monica
    il y a 6 ans

WOW, what a triumph your kitchen turned out to be Monica :) I love it, and I think once you have your flooring and the plastic is off it might become apparent which direction you need to take. Some navy blue enamelled pendants over the island? grey glass splashback?? Good luck cannot wait to see it finished :)

• Yasmin Y
    il y a 6 ans
    On white paint - Dulux White Cotton is really nice. It's not as stark as some whites but it also doesn't have any beige undertones (which I personally hate).

Good luck!
  • Juliet Docherty
    il y a 6 ans

I wouldn't risk painting it until the film is off and you can see the floor, worktops and cupboards all together. Whites are really tricky and it may need some darker tones to tie it together.

• Monica Friend
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Thanks all, the flooring was meant to go down before the kitchen was installed but the flooring company let me down - I'm really worried about how professional a finish I will get with it going down afterwards and have expressed this to flooring people. I just have to see how it goes. Consensus seems to be to wait until film is off, to get a better feel. Can anyone one in the meantime recommend some suitable 'whites' I can get tester pots of so I can be ready once the floor and film come off?.I will take a look at dulux cotton thanks Yasmin. Please feel free anyone to offer an expert eye on how you might use white grey and navy in this space and in what configuration! Thanks so so much everyone x

• minnie101
    il y a 6 ans

Hi Monica. The kitchen looks great. I'd go for a light grey on the walls, you could look at farrow and ball strong white or a darker grey such as cornforth white , both should work with the floor which has grey tones. Can you take more pics of the seating end and give dimensions? I'm just wondering if a small sofa would be better next to the kitchen units (broken up by a really tall plant) with a chair in the corner between the doors with a lamp behind? The compact sofa, chair (also comes in grey and yellow) and floor lamp are all m&s. I like Monica's idea of enamel pendants, these are by pooky. Will you be dressing the windows at all? I'd accessorise with lots of different textures and plants to get that scandi feel. I'd look at a mirror splashback which will also make the room feel wider, I like an antiqued effect for texture but you may prefer a plain one. If you're keeping the walls very light then a few accessories such as picture frames will work

• Monica Friend
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Minnie, I really love the mirror splashbacks, but was worried I'd lose the scandi feel with it - do you think it could work? Love the idea of a compact 2 seater and plant

a few more pics of the end of the kitchen where I need some soft seating. These pics are with the internal bi folds open which lead through to our lounge. Most of the time these will be open so it opens up the whole of the back of the house all south facing.

any advise I'd be really grateful

• minnie101
    il y a 6 ans

They use mirrors a lot to bring in light so I can't see why it wouldn't work with some well chosen accessories. It looks as if a sofa and chair would work well. You must have lots of boxes lying around (!) so try using them to get a feel of how the furniture would look and feel

• Monica Friend
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Oh yes! Got lots of boxes around! I'll try that idea thank you x

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».