Houzz Logo Print
l_karle

An interior designer..I am not.

L K
il y a 6 ans
I would really appreciate some creative help please. I love the size, layout and benchtops (caesarstone 'Ice Snow') of my kitchen, but I feel like the splashback is zapping the life out of the room (maybe the colour is wrong? Maybe the stripe was a bad choice?). I like natural /earthy colours and was considering replacing the tiles with a sage green colour, but am worried that it would look odd with our navy blue lounge. I'm also a bit worried that I will grow out of green..so maybe should stick with another neutral (but maybe use a herringbone pattern or different shaped tile).
So - I'd like to change the splashback, but am a bit lost for ideas. Any thoughts on what might look nice (including options for improving the look I have without total re-tiling) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Commentaires (14)

• Khanh Nguyen
    il y a 6 ans

Lots of potential in this kitchen! Feel free to browse for splashback ideas here

I definitely think the stripe of tiles look a little small. Good luck!

• PRO
    Built Form Design Academy
    il y a 6 ans

LK. Here is a similar style kitchen done by our director a few years ago. The splashback is a light sage colour glass splashback. The advantage of a glass splashback is that it reflects light nicely. Your tiles currently aren't very glossy so it looks a bit flat.

If you want to go with the green, which we think would work, choose a glossy light colour tile.

We also think it could look quite dramatic to use a small format dark monochromatic tile, ie, charcoal or black (glossy) with white grout. Like the image below.

The advantage with a neutral colour is that it will also go with your furniture. The green is harder to match, especially with your blue lounge.

Or you could go a bit out there and use the timber look tiles to add some warmth to the colour scheme.

You have many options!

• havana007
    il y a 6 ans

If you want to update backsplash and can afford - I suggest a marble or marble look tile in either herringbone or subway tile format that picks up the floor colour tile. This will give the kitchen more expensive/timeless look and a more natural look. you could add timber elements to the kitchen to create warmth via stools, chopping boards and add pendant lights in your decorating style for visual interest and perhaps upgrade the handles on the drawers and cabinetry... good luck!

• havana007
    il y a 6 ans

Tustin Kitchen · Plus d'infos

• girlguides
    il y a 6 ans
    Scheme is very monochromatic which is not my cup of tea and thin tile strip doesn’t work as normally would only use for contrast or highlight whereas yours is more of the same the sage pot looks great as do red pencils ? On open shelf maybe recover books in red or green
  • Theresa B
    il y a 6 ans
    I think you might be right, I think the stripe might need to go - glass splash backs give a nice contemporary clean look - good luck !
  • Laura
    il y a 6 ans
    Could you try taping up some large pieces of coloured paper (the colour you like) in an area that you see from different angles and areas that look into the kitchen area. Live with it for few days or week; then go out of your comfort zone and tape up, say black and do the same. Check it out, live with it and see if that might give you some inspiration on the colour. I’m not keen on the stripe but I’m also not keen on the fridge. Bigger and more modern.
  • C P
    il y a 6 ans
    Tiles are fairly drab, the stripe makes it look worse. I think you could go for anything else suggested and it would look better.
  • PRO
    Wild Bear & Co Hervey Bay
    il y a 6 ans

I think the stripe in the tile is very distracting to the eye.... may I suggest a piece of acrylic that you could place over the top of the tile.... Although, I think the space is screaming for a pattern of some sort.... herringbone tile or a honeycomb look tile as suggested by Built Form Design Academy. I think that would look amazing :)

• Hayley Burrows
    il y a 6 ans
    some Ideas?
  • Hayley Burrows
    il y a 6 ans
    Slight grey tones..
  • Hayley Burrows
    il y a 6 ans
    Or whites?
  • Hayley Burrows
    il y a 6 ans
    This is very pretty also
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».