Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_a_m_shane

Help with offcenter fireplace!!

K
il y a 6 ans

We are trying to figure out how to remodel our downstairs which has an offcenter fireplace covered in stacked stone. We have no idea where to place the tv!! My husband prefers symmetry which is tricky with this set up. We are considering painting the fireplace white Or tearing it down.

Please help!

Commentaires (6)

• acm
    il y a 6 ans

For sure, putting the furniture on the left wall sort of "solves" the asymmetry problem, because the depth of the seating takes up the extra space on that side. I also think it's possible to have a balanced arrangement with the TV to the left of the fireplace, but it needs to be lower and on a lighter piece of furniture -- then it should balance out the firebox and look ok. Either way, I would hang a picture over the fireplace...

K a remercié acm
  • PRO
    KHB Interiors
    il y a 6 ans
    Hi

I would paint it white first if it’s something you can do inexpensively yourself. But even with it white you still won’t have symmetry but it will be less obtrusive.

Long term if your budget allows I would remove it.

Best of luck !

KHB Interiors in New Orleans

Please do me a huge favor and follow us on Houzz!

https://www.houzz.com/khbinteriors
    K a remercié KHB Interiors
  • PRO
    Bill's Creative Carpentry, Custom Builder
    il y a 6 ans
    Looks like a gas firebox?
    Could remove stone, and move box over to Center. It’s a little involved if u have the time.
    Or, another idea, build out over the stone with a built in. Book case, shelving, etc.
    Could leave some stone showing around mouth of fireplace.
    K a remercié Bill's Creative Carpentry, Custom Builder
  • decoenthusiaste
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

Let a chunky mantel fix the asymmetrical feeling. Put TV on a credenza 25% wider than it is opposite the window with sofa under the window.

K a remercié decoenthusiaste
  • K
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Update: we removed the stone and centered the fireplace!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».