Houzz Logo Print
salamanda82

How can I decorate above this off centered couch?

Amanda Gulinello
il y a 6 ans

Any advice on what I could do to make this wall seem less off balanced? There is a sliding door just to the left of the left end table.

Commentaires (34)

• Angel 18432
    il y a 6 ans

Have you tried removing the end table on the left and center the sofa. A lamp on that table would be too close to the door anyway. Also, put the front feet of the sofa on the rug, then find art work for above sofa. What are those white things on the wall?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 6 ans

Are you sure that's the right location for the sofa?

• cpaul1
    il y a 6 ans

That couch should not be on that wall, so there is nothing to decorate over it. Without seeing anything more of that space, I can say with certainty that that couch needs to be pulled into the center of the room in some way and get it off of that wall for the very reason you've stated .... it's not possible to center it there. That's your clue that it shouldn't be there.

• Angel 18432
    il y a 6 ans

so I guess more pictures are need.

• decoenthusiaste
    il y a 6 ans

Yes, let's see all the walls, and openings and furniture so we can actually help.

• Amanda Gulinello
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Thanks everyone! Moved that table - makes so much more sense. New rug is on the way. Needed a bigger one for the space. Will make sure it goes
    under the couch a little. Those white things on the wall are from when
    the TV was mounted up there. Planning to cover that up soon!

• Angie MM
    il y a 6 ans
    Much better really like the sofa centered on the wall!
    Amanda Gulinello a remercié Angie MM
  • 467181pbj
    il y a 6 ans
    Paint the switchplate covers so they blend into the wall.
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

Center the couch between the windows?. Move "Dumbo" the recliner to opposite end. ? Add table and lamp? The recliner can't even recline where you have it......all alone and lonely.

Can you stand far enough back in a corner to get the WHOLE room??

• jbtanyderi
    il y a 6 ans
    Putting the front feet of the sofa on the rug will better integrate it into the room. Put large lamps on the end tables, and centre large art between them.
  • Angel 18432
    il y a 6 ans

Pull the recliner into the room more, then angle the side table the same as the chair - not flat onto the wall as you have it. More pics might mean more advice.

• John Brown
    il y a 6 ans

If possible sticker can be useful for you. or else vinyl will be good option which will be less costly and it will save your time as well.

• decoenthusiaste
    il y a 6 ans

Now that the door and part of another wall are exposed, I'm thinking the TV outlets are probably in the right spot for a wall mounted TV on an articulating arm. Then the sofa will go on the wide wall perpendicular to the slider. A photo of the wall opposite the slider and sofa will reveal a location for the lounger and possibly another chair.

• njmomma
    il y a 6 ans

following

• suezbell
    il y a 6 ans

If you decide to center the sofa and no longer have an end table or lamp:

Are there electrical outlets behind your sofa? If so, you might consider adding a wall light or two above the sofa.

https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/pdp/birch-lane-southwick-wall-sconce-bl19585.html

https://www.lampsplus.com/sfp/M9450/?cm_mmc=GOO-SH--NA--NA-_-M9450&sourceid=DFGPDM9450&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5d-MsaKN2gIVjS-BCh1tvAjAEAQYAyABEgL15vD_BwE

And you might invest in one of these kinds of "sofa tables". There are more upscale versions available; Pier One had some really nice ones last summer.

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/symple-stuff-portable-and-foldable-bedside-end-table-sypl2141.html

• PRO
    "Un air de Paris" PHOTO FOR WALL
    il y a 6 ans

Bonjour, you can put a large natural wall art with a touch of blue like that, if you don't like I can show you other ideas, you can see this item here : https://etsy.me/2G9UBUW

close up

You can see my work here : photoforwall.etsy.com

Amanda Gulinello a remercié "Un air de Paris" PHOTO FOR WALL
  • Amanda Gulinello
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Love that! Covers those wall plates too! haha!

• PRO
    il y a 6 ans

Yes !! you can choose a skyline of Toronto or Chicago or New York ...
    What do you like ?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    il y a 6 ans

yes to either of those long art pieces. (pick one w/a bit of color in it)

move the side table, center the couch and cover those two switch plates that are up high (why are those there? if you don't cover them, at least paint them so they blend w/the wall). In fact, paint the other white ones or at least get the gray plate covers (they also come in paintable wood)

can you switch out those mini blinds for a woven wood or a roman of some type?

cellular

blinds.com has all of these. those mini blinds you have are too bulky, messy and just do nothing for the room.

• Amanda Gulinello
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Was the spot where the TV went but the way we had the room laid out just wasn't working. My husband says he can bury the boxes and patch it up if what I choose to put up doesn't cover them. I'll post some more pics of the room so you can see all the walls.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    il y a 6 ans

just make sure he doesn't bury live wires. power has to be disconnected to them.

some options w/art and window treatments

i like it better without the side table. so if you can move it and center the sofa, great.

• PRO
    il y a 6 ans

I have with "Le Mont Saint-Michel" it's my French touch !!

Or with horses at the morning training in Normandy

Tell me what do you like ??

• Amanda Gulinello
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Tried to take the room from all angles to give a good enough idea.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    il y a 6 ans

artwork and new window treatment. You could actually do a larger sofa or a type of sectional w/a chaise if you wanted. Maybe a larger coffee table. it's a nice room.

• Angel 18432
    il y a 6 ans

You have a huge room to work with. Pull all the furniture away from the walls.

Including the sofa a little, but the chairs more. You will need a larger rug.

• groveraxle
    il y a 6 ans

Get those chairs out of the corners and up next to the sofa so people can actually make conversation. Make people walk AROUND your seating, not through the middle of it.

Lower all your photos to 5" above the chair rail. Or better yet, get rid of the collage frames, blow up your best photos and frame them larger, then make a proper gallery wall.

• barrowp
    il y a 6 ans

Hi Amanda, you need a furniture arrangement makeover. I am really not digging the TV on the stair wall, or as mentioned, the chairs hiding out in corners. If you could draw a picture of your room with dimensions, the talented people here will help you make it great.

• groveraxle
    il y a 6 ans

Art, curtains, bigger rug, move the end table next to the sofa so someone doesn't have to stretch for it. I moved one chair, but I couldn't move the other, but you needed a dog here anyway so I left Grover to show you where he wants you to move his chair.

• sheloveslayouts
    il y a 6 ans

I didn't read all the comments, so forgive any repeats.

If I'm understanding your layout correctly...

You could try placing TV between the slider and the window (where you have the sofa) and float the sofa facing the TV. Flank the sofa with a chair perpendicular to the sofa on each end of it.

• lizpb85
    il y a 6 ans
    Love Grover in the mock up!
  • Danielle Atwood
    il y a 2 ans

Great suggestions! Can y’all help with this? I am at a loss of how to decorate this wall due to the off centered windows.

• njmomma
    il y a 2 ans

@Danielle Atwood

Start your own post and you will get plenty of suggestions. This thread is 3 years old.

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    il y a 10 mois

Those rich abstract paintings breathe so much personality into this mostly white space.

new abstract art · Plus d'infos

When I Get There · Plus d'infos

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».