Houzz Logo Print
jen_jj18

Backsplash full height granite?

Jen M
il y a 6 ans

I am doing giallo ornamental light granite. I will have white cabinets and dark floors. I would like to do full height granite backsplash (18 inches). I want the look to be simple, clean, timeless not too trendy.

Opinions please!

Commentaires (15)

• Jamie Ludwig
    il y a 6 ans

I think that will look very nice. Love your flooring, looks like the wood look tile I am currently putting in.

• cpaul1
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

I typically don't like to carry the granite counter top up to a full back splash for two reasons, I do traditional and I think it misses out on an opportunity to add another visual interest into one of the most important rooms in the house (read into that, it's too boring for me). But it is clean and simple, and if that's the look you're going for, then do it. I also don't do white kitchen cabinets for the same reasons, so there you go, you should do what you like, to each his own.

• PRO
    Suzan J Designs Decorating Den Interiors
    il y a 6 ans

It's a nice look. I've done it both ways for clients (granite or tile). One option, depending on the layout and size of your kitchen, is to have some of each if there is a separate area such as a coffee bar. Your cooking area could be a subway tile, and the coffee bar area (or whatever you have), could be the granite. If the areas are separate, this is a nice look.

• Shasta
    il y a 6 ans

Is there any definite movement in your granite? It has pretty colors but it looks a bit uniform. I think granite with movement looks pretty as a backsplash but your materials may look great with a tile backsplash that pulls out some colors from the granite.

• Laura Mac
    il y a 6 ans

I usually love that look but that granite will be too busy in my opinion. Do you have more photos of your back splash area?

• Bri Bosh
    il y a 6 ans
    This look won’t be clean and simple—it will look quite busy. Do you like this look?
  • Jen M
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Thanks everyone! The below picture is what my kitchen currently looks like. The cabinets will be white. The granite doesnt have much swirl to it. Right now as you can see the kitchen is very dark. Im thinking it will be alot brighter and appear larger. The dark flooring will make the white cabinets pop and the granite will tie the two together. Also below is a picture of the full slab of granite I chose.

• J Gregory
    il y a 6 ans
    I think it will be a nice, clean look. Do you have under cabinet lighting?
  • Jen M
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

No under cabinet lighting, but good idea, I will look into that.

• Laura Mac
    il y a 6 ans

I would definitely get the under cabinet lighting! But still think 'that particular granite' would be too busy but everyone is different. Search on Houzz (white kitchens with granite backsplashes) and if you like, then go for it. I'm a fan of full slab marble backsplashes, but granite is too busy. I'd pick a pretty white/off white, subtle tile (so many choices). Again, it looks like you like that look and you are the one that has to live with it, so if you love it, then do it. It's definitely easy to clean!

• Laura Mac
    il y a 6 ans

@JenM - I just posted these on another thread. A full stone splash can be so elegant and beautiful, but most use MARBLE (which won't go with your granite per se).

I will definitely be using a full marble splash at some point (or maybe a really killer granite with a beautiful veining which are harder to find)....but you get the idea. Marble is easy to look at than a busy granite.

Keep searching photos. There are so many beautiful white/off-white tiles out now.....

Clean & Sophisticated · Plus d'infos

Calacatta Gold Extra Slab · Plus d'infos

background...

White Marble Kitchen · Plus d'infos

Fullerton Residence · Plus d'infos

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    il y a 6 ans

Jen M:

Is your selection any version of Kashmir White? If so, I would urge you to reconsider unless you do very little cooking. That stuff sucks up contamination like a sponge.

• Jen M
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

How do I know if it's Kashmir white? The color is giallo ornamental.

• midcenturyvibes
    il y a 6 ans

There are so many beautiful clean looking tiles these days for backsplashes. Have you check them out. Look at a white glass tile. I like your marble and floors. I would break it up on the back splash though.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».