Houzz Logo Print
psalm23velez

Can I use the onyx in the shower to create a "wow" accent wall?

Psalm23 Velez
il y a 5 ans
I have been searching for onyx to use as an accent wall for my very small guest bathroom in order to give it a "wow" factor, but was told that it cannot be used in the shower and cannot be submerged. Is this true?
Precious London · Plus d'infos

Commentaire (1)

• PRO
    space + style by Marco Joe Fazio Ltd
    il y a 5 ans

Hello, I am not the designer, nor the constructor of that bathroom, but I think that Onyx is, like any other stone, a material that can cope with water splashes. The only advice I can say is that to keep the transparency and backlighting effect, it needs to be supported behind by another resilient/transparent material (i.e. plexiglass). Hope that helps...

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».