Houzz Logo Print
minipie

Recommended suppliers for sliding doors and opening flat rooflight?

minipie
il y a 5 ans

As per the title - we will need various glazing solutions for our new extension and are looking for a supplier.. There seem to be so many out there, I'm not sure where to start. Wish I'd gone to Grand Designs or similar but all the shows are now too late for us (build will start in Oct and complete in spring next year).

We will need 3 panel sliding doors 4.4m wide x 2.8m high, looking for frames <30mm (and durable, easy to use etc), a hinged aluminium window for our windowseat (again slim frame preferred), and an opening rooflight for our flat roof around 1.6x0.9m.

Any recommendations most welcome. Especially if they have a showroom near SW London we could visit... though not essential.

Thanks!

Commentaires (23)

• minipie
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

PS any glazing suppliers on Houzz please feel free to send me a quote!

• PRO
    Origin - Doors and Windows
    il y a 5 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 5 ans

We supply aluminium sliding doors and windows. We'd be happy to help you!

Please feel free to drop me a message or give us a call if you'd like further information: http://bit.ly/contact-origin

Thanks,

Robyn

• PRO
    Origin - Doors and Windows
    il y a 5 ans

Plus you can find a local showroom here: http://bit.ly/find-a-local-showroom

Thanks

minipie a remercié Origin - Doors and Windows
  • minipie
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Thanks, I will get in touch.

Any others? :)

• User
    il y a 5 ans
    I would recommend Express Doors based in Leeds but have showrooms all over uk. service and product excellent.
    minipie a remercié User
  • Suzanne C
    il y a 5 ans
    I got my sliding flat roof lights from Sterling build, there were originally made by roofmaker. They work well...
  • minipie
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Thanks both, I will take a look. I think my rooflight will need to be tilting rather than sliding however but maybe they do those too...

• Tani H-S
    il y a 5 ans
    @suzanne. Is your extension south facing? It’s similar to ours as well so following the thread but we had 3 rooflights planned and wondering if we even need that many.
    Does it get hot??
  • PRO
    ODC Door & Glass Systems
    il y a 5 ans

Hi there, we have a showroom in Chiswick and would be delighted to see you. Directions are here and if you would like a rough quote in the meantime, please do send us a message. Best of luck with your project.

• PRO
    Croydon Window Company Ltd
    il y a 5 ans

Hi please have a look at our website www.croydonwindows.com and our Houzz projects. We do cover your area but we do not have a showroom. We are also on instagram @croydonwindows which show all our current ongoing projects.

• minipie
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Thanks! Croydon I'll have a look.

ODC thanks, actually I emailed you last Thursday but haven't heard back... just saying! my email was titled "Glazing - quote request" and covered all the above plus an awning. Hope you can find it!

• PRO
    Croydon Window Company Ltd
    il y a 5 ans

Great! Should you have any questions or would like some quotes please email jackie@croydonwindows.com

minipie a remercié Croydon Window Company Ltd
  • Suzanne C
    il y a 5 ans

Hi Tani, I am sorry, I missed your message earlier. In this heat wave it has been very hot, particularly as we are south facing. The sliding roof lights above have been fantastic as you can let out all that hot rising air and it with all the doors open and roof lights, it feels just right! We have 4 roof lights that are 1m x 2m each. The sliding doors are 7.4m and 3.4m. The room is 10m by 6.5m.

Minipie,

ODC were good at first, but they lost interest in me and I ended up buying the same sliding doors a couple of weeks later from another company for a much cheaper price. I also got it colour matched at the RAL colour for the same price! It's worth shopping around.

minipie a remercié Suzanne C
  • minipie
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Thanks Suzanne - please could you let me know the company who supplied your doors?

• Suzanne C
    il y a 5 ans
    Renka from Birmingham, we met them in one of the Home and building renovation shows. The doors are lovely and the price was better. Only downside is they took longer to make than they predicted, so we waited for another month.
    minipie a remercié Suzanne C
  • minipie
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

oooh.. always a downside eh! Thanks I will look them up. Kicking myself now for missing the shows!

• PRO
    ODC Door & Glass Systems
    il y a 5 ans

Minipie, can I check the address you sent the email to? I have been back through my inbox and can't see anything? Many thanks.

• minipie
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Sales@odcglass.co.uk - if there's a better one let me know and I'll resend? Thanks for checking!

• PRO
    ODC Door & Glass Systems
    il y a 5 ans

Thanks for the quick response. I will chase it up for you, but if you also send it to lucy.hedges@odcglass.co.uk then I will take a look too.

minipie a remercié ODC Door & Glass Systems
  • PRO
    ODC Door & Glass Systems
    il y a 5 ans

MInipie you mentioned that you had missed all the shows...did you know that there is a Homebuilding & Renovating Show at Excel in London from Friday 21 to Sunday 23 September? It is actually one of our favourite shows because it is really aimed at people who are seriously embarking on a home renovation/building project. If you click here you can get two free tickets.

• minipie
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Oh thanks! I had seen that one but thought it was more about DIY - I will look into it. I'll resend the email now, thanks! :)

• PRO
    Glazing Vision
    il y a 5 ans

Apologies for joining so late, but we are technical experts in the design, manufacture and supply of precision engineered, architectural rooflights for residential and commercial buildings. We have Technical Specification Managers based in London who could assist with any queries if you would like to contact us with your requirements. You can see some examples of our opening rooflights below:

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».