Houzz Logo Print
damian_nicholson

What do do with this fireplace?

Damian Nicholson
il y a 5 ans

I'm in a bit of a bind what to do with this fireplace and surround as we feel like we want to hold on to some of it if possible as it has a lot of character. What's counteracting that is a few snags:

1. the hearth is cracked and in bad shape so is probably going to need replacing

2. the hearth is completely flush with the floor boards which is going to make putting underlay and laminate down difficult as it's going to sit above the hearth and generally be an eyesore in my opinion. In an ideal world the entire fireplace / hearth would look like it'd sit above whatever flooring we put down. It also seems like the entire fireplace is one giant unit so I'm not even sure if it can be lifted at all? I've never seen / came across a fireplace like this before.

3. we're not fond of the mirror section that sits on top

Am I being silly trying holding on to this? Any advice / ideas would be appreciated :)

Commentaires (37)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».