Houzz Logo Print
webuser_53840225

Worms in Collector Tray

Every day a dozen or so worms escape down into the collector tray, where they seem to bunch up in the corners in the puddles of drippings. I have tried to prevent this with a lining of weed stop fabric, but still a few make it down into the collector tray. Solutions please?
Can-O-Worms · Plus d'infos

Commentaire (1)

• PRO
    Tumbleweed Gardening
    il y a 5 ans

Hi There! Thanks for reaching out - I think I may have a few answers!

The reason why the worms head down to the collector tray is because their home soil in the working tray is a little off and by that I mean: too acidic or too wet.

Solution:

Lime Powder is great for neutralizing the soil - the next time you add food, sprinkle this over and mix it in - this will aerate the soil as well. It's going to bring the pH back to a level where the worms are happy.

The other reason why they may be escaping is because it's too wet, if the soil is very sloppy try adding some sticks/ garden soil as well as some harder foods that take more time to break down: Corn cobs, broccoli etc

Hope this helps,

Hannah

Utilisateur Houzz - 53840225 a remercié Tumbleweed Gardening
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».