Houzz Logo Print
kate_fielden

Wood panelled ceiling

Kate Fielden
il y a 5 ans

I’m looking at replacing my wood panelled ceiling with a new one. Any ideas on who I can contact.

Commentaires (2)

• PRO
    Defined Builds Limited
    il y a 5 ans
    What would you like to replace it with?
    Like for like timber cladding or strip off and have it plastered?
    It's most likely when you take it down it was there to cover up some pretty nasty looking ceiling, as in maybe artex or very smoked stained.
    You just need a general builder, they can strip it back and reinstall what you would like.
    Where are you based?
  • Jonathan
    il y a 5 ans
    Assuming it is definitely coming down you could take off a couple of boards to see what you are dealing with it might be that you can take them all down (although be careful not to pull the original ceiling down too). Most likely there are battons screwed to the ceiling which will need unscrewing. Then boards that are likely nailed on. But I agree with the earlier post that most likely whatever is underneath will be unsightly and require replastering.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».