Houzz Logo Print
ivyloudiy

Help with finishing touches on my kitchen remodel

Ivy Lou
il y a 4 ans

Kitchen looks plain and (obviously) unfinished. I am waiting on the tile to arrive to do the backsplash, but I think even with backsplash done, I am worried it will still look plain.

Upper cabinets are BM White Dove and lower cabinets are BM Kendall Charcoal. Quartz looks plain white in the photos, but it's a marbled quartz.

I will be doing a white 2x6 subway tile backsplash in a herringbone pattern and painting walls and trim BM Dove Wing, so that in itself may help tremendously.

I mainly took inspiration from this home:

Kitchen · Plus d'infos

This kitchen/home has Dove Wing walls, White Dove cabinets, and the kitchen island is Kendall Charcoal.

Here are a few of the specific items I'm unsure of:

1. Light fixtures? I've been wanting to change out the light fixtures for a long time, but I can't decide on a style.

2. Window treatment? I'm thinking a natural bamboo shade would look good and add texture and warmth?

3. Cabinet hardware? I found pulls I like and they come in black and champagne/honey bronze and I'm not sure which to choose.

4. Can I spruce up the base cabinets? I have never liked how plain the base cabinets are around the island and peninsula (it's just flat sides). I was debating between tile or wood planks (like shiplap). I am now looking at peel and stick wood boards. Not sure what color or type of wood would work best, but I'm leaning towards a lighter wood tone.

5. Counter stools? I'm thinking something with natural wood (wood seat, metal legs), but I'm indecisive.

6. Wood shelves, beams, and accent pieces? Can I fit any wood shelves anywhere? I love all my cabinet storage, but I also love how wood shelves look - just not how they function for actual dinnerware. Other ideas to get wood accents/beams in my kitchen?

Here are some other kitchens I like so you can get a good idea of my aesthetic:

West End Bungalow · Plus d'infos

Modern Mountain Home · Plus d'infos

Thanks!

Commentaires (27)

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».