Houzz Logo Print
mileysmuse

NEED ADVICE on where to place tile mat to create the best symmetry

mileysmuse
il y a 10 ans
My contractor thinks I should shorten my purchased tile mat and position it equidistantly between my cabinets and the tub, so the field stone will balance it on both sides. My tile designer thought it should run on the same line as the door so you walk on it. All opinions appreciated ASAP!!!

Commentaires (8)

• samsamyd
    il y a 10 ans
    Your length -- ouside edge of sink to outside edge of sink is JUST FINE !!
  • PRO
    Wood & Stone Cabinetry
    il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
    The distance off the vanity should be the same distance off the tub riser wall. I'm not sure if the sketch is just a rough drawing that is not to scale, or that is what you intend to do. As for the length it's ok, however if the drawing is not drawn to scale, maybe the offset distance on both ends can be the same as on the long runs... Lining up the ends to the outside of the sink means, on foot will be standing on the line for each sink which pushes the design logic to maybe run it closer to the end walls, like 6" to 12" away matching the offset distance on the long runs.

Is the room built or just in design phase?
  • PRO
    R H Kitchen and Bath Ltd
    il y a 10 ans
    Center it between the tub and vanity .
  • PRO
    Travis Robert Renovations
    il y a 10 ans
    Centered within the space between tub and vanity. Length seems to work well...
  • PRO
    ReSquare Architecture + Construction
    il y a 10 ans
    Sorry, didn't catch the length question. I'd shorten it. It's too close to the walls on either side to read as a mat feature and the bump out of the shower creates an off-center space relative to the vanity. Come to close to that off-centered-ness and the eye will read it immediately. Stay away from it more and the eye won't pick it up as quickly as it will pick up the centered-ness on the vanity. The length of the narrowed center vanity seems appropriate.

Make it as long as that inset vanity section, center it between the two sinks and between the vanity and the first tub riser and I think it will be much nicer.
  • PRO
    Wood & Stone Cabinetry
    il y a 10 ans
    Based on your drawing, it looks like the shower is 46" wide to the outside wall. I would pull it back to be flush with the bathroom entry door. Then your left and right vanity run will be balanced for the tile inlay tile, and the toilet space will look more equal with the space outside the shower. The room wants to be symmetrical, jogging the wall for the sake of making the shower a bit wider is aesthetically not worth it. The jog from a design aspect is a big design No-No,
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    il y a 10 ans
    Your tile designer is correct. Ignore your contractor on this one.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».