Houzz Logo Print
forestdr

Help needed! help decorating newly painted living room.

forestdr
il y a 10 ans
1968 ranch remodel....needs ideas for the living room

Commentaires (34)

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    il y a 10 ans
    Well, I love the furniture that I see in photo one. You would benefit greatly from some large art on the walls, and from pulling the furniture away from the walls. Interior designers can work wonders and you have a great start to a beautiful room. I'd call in an interior designer to help you finish it. Usually a good interior designer will actually save you money by helping you avoid expensive mistakes. You dont seem to have made any so far, but we'd like to keep it that way.
    forestdr a remercié Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • forestdr
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    thanks...photo 2was the before when we got it last dec...I cant decide what to do really...what kind of art will go with it....any ideas...
  • forestdr
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    here some other picts
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    There's a lot of art available online and in your own hometown, no doubt. You have to decide what kind of art you like and sometimes that takes a stroll through a few local galleries to determine.
    Modern Artwork · Plus d'infos
    forestdr a remercié Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • indianpatti
    il y a 10 ans
    Color ... you have a blank, white canvas. Colorful curtains, pillows and art.Love the pic that Carolyn posted above.
  • PRO
    Alexei Rebrov Art
    il y a 10 ans
    You have a perfect wall behind the sofa for a bright abstract multi-piece.
    Here is a description of materials used for this and other aluminum prints: http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/show-liquid-light/products/8012-30x61-5-design

And here are more wall designs: http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/wall-design
  • forestdr
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Love this...wow...thanks
  • PRO
    Alexei Rebrov Art
    il y a 10 ans
    The main benefit of accessorizing with art prints that you don't need to paint/repaint walls each time you get tired of the main color. You just switch the art with another one and previous can go to your other room or so.
    Choosing and discussing art can be very pleasant exercise too.
    forestdr a remercié Alexei Rebrov Art
  • groveraxle
    il y a 10 ans
    Art. And drapes.
    forestdr a remercié groveraxle
  • PRO
    Vibrant Abstract painting studio
    il y a 10 ans
    paintings
    1. Title-power, size-33"x66" , acrylic on canvas rolled,
    2.Title-Inner Power, size-33"x66" , acrylic on canvas rolled,
    3.Title-Inner Dream, size-48"x48" , acrylic on canvas rolled,
  • jillbean216
    il y a 10 ans
    could i ask you what color of paint is on your walls and trim?
  • forestdr
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Living room walls Valspar Bonsai.. Valspar signature extra white.
  • forestdr
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
  • Catherine Giesige
    il y a 10 ans
    I like Carolyn's suggestion of art, second post I think, and the choice by forestdr above. These seem to have form and bags of colour. Essentially, art comes down to personal taste, so only you can decide what YOU like, and then the decorating can follow. You will first need to decide whether you want to dress the windows, as this will determine the size of artwork that would work in the space. If it were me I'd put up some side drapes at least, to soften things a little. Are you able to pop some florist foam, or the like, in the bottom of the vase to increase the height of the twisted willow? It is not proportionate to the height of the vase. It's a beautiful big space, good luck.
    forestdr a remercié Catherine Giesige
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    You're going to need quite a big piece of art, even with stationary side panels on your windows, probably 42 x 42 or larger.
  • forestdr
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
    Thanks Carolyn...when you mention side panels what re you talking about? Any picts? And also don't know if I'm going e drapes yet but any suggestions
  • abbyjean
    il y a 10 ans
    Just in case Carolyn does not get back as she is BUSY......side panels really are drapes. They are just on the SIDES of the windows and do not open and close to cover the entire window.
    forestdr a remercié abbyjean
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 10 ans
    Add black and white chevron panels to ends only, extend rod in brush nickel 4-5" pass windows. in middle of windows a 45" or bigger sunburst mirror. Ad accent color pillow to sofs and chairs mix it up even put a zebra print in mix. Add 2 square 20" zebra ottomans on end in front of coffee table. Add silver metal end table next to sofa. Tall lucite lamp black shade drum style.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 10 ans
    Art over back of sofa in bold contemporary design 40 x40, use some of yr accent color in art. Keep it it one main accent. Place 3 pots in various size and height group in 3 s in silver. Or mercury glass on coffee table. Keep it un cluttered.
  • PRO
    purehome
    il y a 10 ans
    You have a great looking room here, our designers just agree that a little bit of color could bring some warmth into your space. -PH Design Team
    forestdr a remercié purehome
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 10 ans
    Like light in dining. But furn too traditional for your room. Change to a more modern dark wood round 40-60" not sure of size of room. High back leather chairs. In teal Pier One has them. Also check Stein mart and tJMax for decor items. Put a big white modern bowl on dining add teal or peacock color balls, pier one has them. Hang art low.
    forestdr a remercié Nancy Travisinteriors
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 10 ans
    Add small table next to chair. Art on floor too small for room also too dark. Go silver brush nickel frames. If any. For that big wall go very big art 6x7 ft. Oil. Invest in art it will set your room part from plain to WOW. Z Galleries a good place to shop.
  • PRO
    Terracegallery
    il y a 10 ans
    Your space is absolutely gorgeous and it is clear that you have great taste in furniture...you should continue that quality with art. Do you want A LOT of color in the art? or would you prefer a more monochromatic look as you have going now? Here are just a few ideas....I am happy to superimpose any of my pieces into your space.
    forestdr a remercié Terracegallery
  • PRO
    Terracegallery
    il y a 10 ans
    Your pictures are dark so it is kind of hard to get the lighting right on the art...but it gives you a basic idea.
  • anne dee
    il y a 10 ans
    this inspiration pic may give you some idea for color but I am not sure it fits with the rest of yr space which seems more traditional going by yr pic of the dining room furniture
    Luxurious Condo Living Room · Plus d'infos
    forestdr a remercié anne dee
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    One of the differences in the two photos is the lighting and no doubt forestdr plans on adding some. It can be spotlights directed at the art, or floor lamps and table lamps. All are important.
  • forestdr
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    thanks for your nice comments....the living room it is bigger than you can see in the pict...it is a long rectangular room (living room)...table but 8 foot ceilings though. About the dining I'm planning on getting a s different dining set, the breakfast room set is it contemporary too..

• PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    The drapery panels you see below are stationary side panels. They are there to look like they might close, but they are not made full enough to actually do so. They offer color, interest, and a softening effect on the room.
    Living Room · Plus d'infos
    Mediterranean Dining Room · Plus d'infos
  • PRO
    Terracegallery
    il y a 10 ans
    Pick anything that catches your eye from my portfolio and I will be more than happy to superimpose it into your space...I am off to bed now, but will check back in the a.m. Have a nice evening everyone.

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-sharon-cummings.html?tab=artworkgalleries
  • Thomteam
    il y a 10 ans
    I think definitely go with bold colors. Art, maybe a splash of orange or pink...
  • PRO
    Lisa Stevenson Interiors
    il y a 9 ans
    Great furniture. I will first change the rug to a larger one fitting the seating area better. Add a wall accent with a pop up color and add pillow and throw with the same ton. See our website for pic.
  • PRO
    Furnishr
    il y a 7 ans

I love the white theme of the living room. The furniture is correctly positioned, I would suggest including long curtains and also placing a painting above the sofa. I think this look will make your room pop out.

• abbyjean
    il y a 7 ans

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».