Houzz Logo Print
webuser_789010218

ideas to update country kitchen

Looking to update the kitchen on a budget as it will one day it will become the utility room. Currently sage cupboards, Jerusalem Sand (yellow tone worktop), lino floor, small white tiles with dated freeze. Large deep window ledge with same small white tiles is also a nightmare to keep clean.

All ideas of paint, tile colour or design combos etc very welcome. fresh and modern feel needed.

Please excuse the mess!! I'll propbaly find it easier to keep the sage to keep the job smaller.

Commentaires (7)

• Daisy England
    il y a 2 ans

I wouldn’t paint the sage fascias as they are one of the most popular colours at the moment. They are a lovely colour. However I’m not sure that the colour of the worktops work well with them. Swap the worktops and lino flooring and that will create a completely different finish.

• Juliet Docherty
    il y a 2 ans

I would keep the sage as Daisy says and think about the worktop next. As you have a butler sink, presumably this means it needs to be a solid one? I was going to suggest thin Formica in a marble finish but it's not solid.

• PRO
    Carla Mackay Interiors
    il y a 2 ans

The kitchen colour is a classic and still looks great. Definitely change the flooring. Once you have done this is you can afford to change the tiles and the worktop then choose a worktop with marvel effect but not one solid colour. Changing the tiles will make a massive difference!
    Finally and most simply change the paint colour. Make it a light stone/taupe/mushroom colour. You could change the taps too.

• Utilisateur Houzz - 789010218
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Thanks all for taking an interest. Sadly changing the worktop is defiantly a no as it is a ceaserstone worktop. We have to work with it. Paints and tiles and flooring can all change. What tile colours for the sage and sand worktop combo do you think?

• Sonia
    il y a 2 ans

The colour of the units is lovely and very on trend so keep those. The sand walls don’t sit right with the green units, maybe go for an off white which will brighten up the whole look. I think simple white tiles maybe in a stacked style would give it a fresh look. You could change the tiles on the windowsill for a painted window board which is much easier to clean.

• 1shanson
    il y a 2 ans

I think your affordable items will go a long way to changing the look. How about changing the wall colour and tiles to a very pale almond colour. You could paint the wooden dresser and chairs/table in a similar but slightly darker shade. No need to spend a fortune on F&B. Look for cheaper options eg Wilkos (see below). The flooring would look good in warm wood/wood effect. I hate to say it but the biggest change you could make (and it would be free) is to rid your kitchen of the clutter. Pick out a few loved nice items and style your shelves and dresser and put everything else in the cupboards. We all keep stuff in cupboards we don’t use. Clear it out and put your useful items away in their place. I’m sure it will look great when done. Good luck.

• annabellaamy
    il y a 2 ans

Wow....you've got a really beautiful kitchen that just needs a breath of fresh air !! The window is lovely. I would remove the tiles and just paint the walls with a wipeable paint. Put a new window board on the windowsill. If you lighten the floor and the wall colour, I'd be tempted to keep the dresser brown to give a contrast. See pics for inspriation... :)

Tiverton Bone · Plus d'infos

Karen's Modern Kitchens · Plus d'infos

Kitchen detail · Plus d'infos

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».