Houzz Logo Print
cheech28md

Hanging roman shades

cheech28md
il y a 2 ans

Hello! How are the Roman shades hung from a few inches below the top of the window ?

Blue and white living room · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (3)

• PRO
    The Drapery Boutique
    il y a 2 ans

The windows have a transom. Meaning there is wood seperating the top window from the bottom. The roman shades are mounted on the wood seperating the two windows. I hope this helps.

• cheech28md
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Thank you . I realized that after I posted the question. Do you have solutions for arched windows with no transom? Can the same look be achieved with a rod or can Roman shades start form the top of the arch ?

• PRO
    The Drapery Boutique
    il y a 2 ans

You can mount the roman shade on the outside of the window leaving a the arch open. This can be done If the window is not too wide. and you don't need a center support. You would have to use L brackets and mount the shade on the trim or on either side or the wall. You can also put a roman shade above the arch but it will not look right. A rod will not work with a roman shade, It is mounted on a board. The other option is to to have a custom made roman shade with a arch top that can be inside mounted. I have done this with a door.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».