Houzz Logo Print
aquahome37

Hide pipes/ general outdoor toilet uplift!

Laura Martin
il y a 2 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 2 ans

Hi, we have recently moved into our 1st property. we would like to tidy up the only downstairs WC that we have.

It appears to be what i assume was an old outside toilet which has since been made ’inside’ via a lean to extension. The boiler is currently housed here and we have no intension of moving this. However there is extensive pipe work that we would like to hide somehow!

I would also like to dry wall the whole structure to make it feel more inside!

additionally how difficult to would it be to install a small sink & small radiator here ?

we are complete novices and would love some advice / suggestions on how is best to achieve this (please talk to us like idiots 🙈)

thanks in advance!!

Commentaires (4)

• Angie
    il y a 2 ans

Bump. Hopefully someone can help you. 😃

• Sonia
    il y a 2 ans

I’m no expert but we placed a cupboard around our boiler and then boxed in all the pipework with MDF. We’ve got a lot of boxing in as the house is old and had no central heating when we moved in. Then we painted the walls and the boxing all one colour so it sort of blends in. You could use a kitchen cupboard or get a carpenter to build one. We got someone in to do all the work as it was just too much for us. A carpenter will cost £150-£250 a day but they should do a good job. In the pic below the cream cupboard houses the boiler and to the right (above the blind) is a pipe boxed in area. Sorry the picture is a bit rubbish but I hope you get the ideas. I think plastering/plaster boarding the walls and adding a sink and a radiator is an excellent idea.

• PRO
    Sara Levy Designs
    il y a 2 ans

You can certainly box in the pipes with mdf panels and paint them. We do this a lot when you can’t chase the pipes into the wall. I would consider some insulated plasterboard on the walls as well if that room is cold. I see a power socket on the outside of the wall, your electrician can install either an electric radiator or even better an electric underfloor heating pad with some flooring on top.

• Wumi
    il y a 2 ans

I would

- box out the entire boiler wall with openable doors/panels for access to boiler and pipes.

- replace the toilet with a back-to-wall toilet with concealed cistern.

- insulated plasterboard as suggested above

- Small wall-hung basin under the window

- small towel radiator on wall opposite window.

Check out a similar project here - https://ukbathroomguru.com/dont-punish-yourself/#post/0

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».