Houzz Logo Print
lvpugs

Where do I begin.

lvpugs
il y a 10 ans
I need a lot of help here. I have these two open rooms as soon as you walk in the front door. We don't entertain much. Pretty much just family for the Thanksgiving. I have used my dining room 4 times in 4 years. The first room when you walk in where we have my husbands arcade cabinet. Which I would like to try and keep it in my space. It's designed to be a formal living room. Which is not our style at all. We already have a large family room that is connected to the kitchen and its nice and wide open which I love. I have added a dining room table which is a medium wood and a large picture thats it for the room. Then I stopped because I wanted to some how make sure I get these two open rooms to make sense. It feels like wasted space. I have had it empty for years. I have seen many houses on my block that are the same. They all had a formal living room. One thing I noticed I didn't like they did was they hung their curtains on the bottoms windows in both rooms and most of them had medium to dark drapes. Visually what that did was pull your eye down, and it took away from the openness. I wasn't sure if it was because the curtains weren't light. I don't want that. My focus for now is the 1st room. I was first thinking game room but then thought it would work and would look silly. We do play the arcade cabinet and I would like to try and keep it in the space. I decided to make this room a Sophisticated lounge. I am going to be making this DIY bar. The chairs you see I do have 6 of them i just didn't put them all out. My dining room table is a medium wood. Sorry for such a long story but I thought if you had a better insight to what I was trying to accomplish on a very low budget it would help. My questions are....
Window coverings? and do I later on have the dinning room ones match it.
Accent walls? Which ones? Colors dark light?
Please help me I'm stuck.

Commentaires (24)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».