Houzz Logo Print
kathy_truax

does the refrigerator impede on opening the French doors

Kathy Truax
l'année dernière

I have a standard depth refrigerator next to my counter depth oven. I want to replace it with a French door oven. Can I still open the French door wide enough when it’s next to a standard depth refrigerator. Similar to the picture shown.

Rich dark stain on custom maple cabinets by Wood-Mode. Custom tall oven cabinet · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (2)

• PRO
    Bay Area Kitchens
    l'année dernière

Hi Kathy,

The only way to know for sure is to carefully check the specs for the new oven and see how the doors swing. Notice in this photo that the oven cabinet is about 3" wider than the oven itself, so there is an extra 1-1/2" of space between the edges of the oven cabinet and oven, plus there is about a 1" space between the refrigerator and the oven cabinet, giving about 2-1/2" space for the left oven door to open. It works fine in this case, but again, check the oven specs for your specific oven. Good luck with your project!

• Kathy Truax
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

Thank you so much for responding. I would be able to open the doors about 112 degree radius total. So about about 22 degrees beyond the 90 degree angle. Do you think that gives me plenty of room to take food in and out without burning myself on the doors. I am think yes but curious your thoughts since you have French door oven that doesn’t open to it’s full extent.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».