Houzz Logo Print
webuser_924741265

Layout and design help for renovation of 1960's 3 bedder

Jon Geeveston
il y a 11 mois

Seeking some input for bathroom, laundry, kitchen, dining/living renovation of original 1960's tasmanian weatherboard home. No internal load bearing walls and the bedroom closest the living areas is oprional

Commentaires (16)

• bigreader
    il y a 11 mois

You’ve posted the starting point but you haven’t told us what your goals are or how you’ll use the house.

• PRO
    Fontaine Industries
    il y a 11 mois

Hi @Jon! To provide more accurate and tailored advice for your bathroom renovation, it would be really helpful if you could provide some additional information. If it's possible could you share more photos of the bathroom such as shower area and the dimensions of the bathroom, that would greatly assist in understanding the space better. In the meantime, I can still give some general suggestions based on the information provided.

Overall, I think the layout of the bathroom is quite good, particularly with the separate toilet area, which improves hygiene and accessibility.

One aspect that could be improved is the lighting, and wall painting in the toilet space. It appears a bit dark in the photo. Repainting the walls with a lighter color can help brighten the room and make it feel more welcoming.

When it comes to fixtures, consider replacing the toilet with a new toilet suite that is more modern and easier to clean. Based on your photo, I reckon the bathtub now is next to the vanity and it's a drop-in tub? IMO, keeping a drop-in bathtub could be a good option that doesn't require extensive plumbing changes, helping you save on the budget. If possible, reposition the vanity across from the bathtub that give you space to add a new mirror. This will ensure functionality while keeping the window for natural lighting.

• Kate
    il y a 11 mois

Hi. Can you refine brief:
    Do you want shower, bath, both separate, or combined shower over bath?.
    Do you want toilet separate and with a basin?
    Laundry in own space , in bathroom or in kitchen?
    Kitchen open to living. Table for 4 or 6. Island peninsular or use table?

• Jon Geeveston
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 mois

Open the place up. Make it functional and easy to live in. 

I was thinking Toilet joins the bathroom and no bathtub.

Laundry and kitchen cabinetry  are in the living area

• macyjean
    il y a 11 mois

If it's the only toilet, do not combine it with the bathroom.

Have you done your asbestos check?

• Jon Geeveston
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 mois

Not going to test. compressed type sheeting will treated as aspestos

• Kate
    il y a 11 mois

I’d combine laundry and bath. Better use of wall space

• siriuskey
    il y a 11 mois

Which way is North

• siriuskey
    il y a 11 mois

And do you have any views, thanks

• Jon Geeveston
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 mois

• Jon Geeveston
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 mois

Thanks everyone for your great replies. Gaining some really valuable ideas from your comments

• Jon Geeveston
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 mois

• Jon Geeveston
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 mois

• siriuskey
    il y a 11 mois
    Dernière modification :il y a 11 mois

Thank you it Looks like you have quite a project ahead of you, are you a builder. How big is the covered area roof at the rear of the house, ie rubbish bins

• Anne Monsour
    il y a 11 mois

I would get rid of the bath an have a walk-in shower . Re the bedroom doors , I would reverse the opening of the doors to each of the back bedrooms so that they open left and not right . For the third bedroom near the living area , I would remove the swing door put in a barn door .

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».