Houzz Logo Print
genevieve_lepine84

should I paint my fireplace

genevieve Lepine
il y a 6 mois

Hello, I decided to refresh my condo and my designer suggested to paint à glossed white over my ceramic fireplace.
my wall will change to white also (oc 57, white heron).
any avise is welcome

Commentaire (1)

• PRO
    I F Rénovation
    il y a 6 mois

Hello genevieve Lepine

Personnally, I'm more concerned about the red wall. If it will be treated in white, that's already a great step. The fireplace, staying the way it is doesn't seem too much of an issue. I'm not really too fan of glossy paint, either, especially on fireplaces. Painting over tile takes somewhat of a technical mastery, otherwise any missed movement can cause a scratch. If you have heat coming from the flames, the paint should not budge.

Keeping the wood flooring, beige "faux stone" tiles and white walls allows many style choices.

Have you looked into the work of Studio McGee? They alway keep the space neutral and add contrasting details. (Of course in my reference images, the fireplaces are white...why not? but perhaps not glossy). I'd replace the recessed lighting fixtures with white ones, as well.

Inspiration Studio Mcgee · Plus d'infos

Mountainside Remodel · Plus d'infos

good luck,

Lynn

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».