sammyds
il y a 10 ans
What is the deck made of and the stain?
fifties split · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (2)

• PRO
    Gardner Architects LLC
    il y a 10 ans
    Thank you for your excellent question about our Fifties Split deck and its finish. The deck is cypress. Due to its density and natural oil content -- in addition to its natural component cypressine, the very things that make it resistant to rot and insects -- products for staining and sealing cypress must be carefully selected. Further, cypress is over harvested, especially old-growth cypress, so careful selection of the type and source of cypress is also very important. The product that we used did not hold up well in the two years since the photo above was taken, so I do not recommend it, nor the subsequent others that we are trying. I apologize, and am not comfortable publishing the names of these products in this forum. I am sorry if this is not particularly helpful.
  • PRO
    Greenbuilders, Inc.
    il y a 9 ans

Actually, this was very helpful. Thank you for sharing your experience. It's important to try new things and they don't always work out -- thanks for passing this on.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».