Houzz Logo Print
lolitasastri

Does this settee and ottoman works in this space?

il y a 10 ans
Something feels off here. Does the Settee and the ottoman works in this space?
I still have a few days to return them otherwise. Your opinion will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Commentaires (30)

• PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    Hi! I think you need an ottoman that brings both the gray couch and settee together. Here is an option ( I think it actually may be the one you have in yellow)

http://deciture.com/shop/furniture/wayfair/skyline-furniture-tufted-fabric-cocktail-ottoman/
    lolitasastri a remercié Warner Decor
  • il y a 10 ans
    Do you think the big height difference between the couch and the settee looks unbalance?
    Thanks.
  • il y a 10 ans
    To me, the settee feels more off than the ottoman. The high back and sharp lines don't share anything in common with your other pieces. A settee with more rounded features may work better.

I do like the ottoman with your rug and dark sofa. I feel like the tray pulls in the dark color of the couch, and if you found the perfect throw blanket to drape over it (maybe herringbone gray/ivory?) you could finish tying those two pieces together.
    lolitasastri a remercié zemptron
  • il y a 10 ans
    Not a pro here, so take this for what it is worth. I am thinking that having two items with tufting together isn't working. And both are of a similar color. The height difference bothers me also.

If you keep the ottoman I would move the settee away. Replace it with two chairs more in line with the sofa.
    lolitasastri a remercié pcmom1
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    I dont think the height makes a difference because you have a lamp that is set high :)
    lolitasastri a remercié Warner Decor
  • il y a 10 ans
    I agree with zemptron. . . the ottoman looks nice (though I'd move it closer to the sofa and perhaps rotate it 90 degrees. )Though the settee is great, it's competing with the ottoman (color and tufting) -- maybe you could replace with print or striped chairs and use the settee elsewhere? Love your yellow accents!
    lolitasastri a remercié Kim Walton
  • il y a 10 ans
    This is a nice looking room. I'd like to see the gray sofa up on legs, so that it's both taller and lighter. (I realize this is not so easy to accomplish, since it probably means an entirely new sofa.) The white settee is a bit tall in front of the window too, even with a taller gray sofa.
    lolitasastri a remercié John
  • il y a 10 ans
    Any idea of what to replace the settee or the ottoman? I am on budget :)
  • il y a 10 ans
    All the pieces appear to look nice together
    It reminds me of this pic
    MJ Lanphier · Plus d'infos
    lolitasastri a remercié anne dee
  • il y a 10 ans
    Sofa legs aren't hard to find. I think keep the ottoman and replace the settee.
    lolitasastri a remercié Kim Walton
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    I think the settee is off.
    lolitasastri a remercié Julia & Elizabeth
  • il y a 10 ans
    I would replace the settee. Looks too casual and frumpy with the other lovely pieces.
    lolitasastri a remercié Angel 18432
  • il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
    So, kind of an out there idea for replacing the settee (and keeping the ottoman)... and I'm not sure even I would have the guts to do it... but a zebra print bench would be inexpensive, would not mess with your sight lines through the window at all, would tie all the pieces together nicely (especially if you added a solid yellow throw over it), and is a totally fun, statement making piece.. only issue I see is that it is very similar to the ottoman in function:

http://www.wayfair.com/Wildon-Home-%AE-Zebra-Print-Bench-501005-L256-K~CST7099.html?refid=GX37224951780-CST7099&device=c&ptid=59766580740&gclid=CKSJveSQtr0CFc9AMgodrEwAnw
    lolitasastri a remercié zemptron
  • il y a 10 ans
    Replace the settee with something more in the style of the sofa. As it is now, the sofa is casual and comfy looking. While pretty, the settee looks rather stiff and formal. The ottoman is versatile enough that you could keep it. If you get a different settee I think something with a bit of blue in a stripe or print would be more cohesive.
    lolitasastri a remercié User
  • il y a 10 ans
    I have a very high ceiling and a narrow living room (too narrow for 2 accent chairs but too wide for just one), that's why I thought this settee might work (also tall slim objects seems to make a small room appear larger). Here is the rest of the image of the room. There is an ink blue chair at the corner of the room.
  • il y a 10 ans
    Traditional · Plus d'infos

Cosmo Chaise Lounge · Plus d'infos
    lolitasastri a remercié groveraxle
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    I'm going to go against all the pros here and say you have impeccable taste and the room is gorgeous. If the settee bothers you, maybe you can get one with lower back, but really, of all the rooms that are posted on Houzz, this is probably top 5%.
    lolitasastri a remercié Shoa Gallery
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    I don't have that big a problem with this room at all but how about a yellow throw on the ottoman and the yellow pillow , maybe a bolster with finged tassels on the ends on the settee and some more textured ones on the sofa I would have a much larger lamp with a neutral shade.
  • il y a 10 ans
    Agree with Patricia. The way you moved the pillows now carries the colors between the settee and sofa. Do get some higher legs for the sofa (easy fix). Agree - the lamp is too small/light to hold it's place. Move it to the other end of the sofa or to the other end of the settee. Try a more substantial lamp in the corner between? The throw on the ottoman might be better if it had colors that pick up the pillow and sofa colors as well. Or eliminate it (move to the sofa) - it isn't functional and can end up looking like a prop. Try a tray that picks up the chair color, or one of your other colors, but make it something with emphasis.
    lolitasastri a remercié steviepridenow
  • il y a 10 ans
    I'm in love with your settee...so I'd get rid of the sofa and buy one that complements the settee!
    lolitasastri a remercié Cyndy
  • il y a 10 ans
    The room looks very exciting without the dark sofa and cabinet and a taller lamp.
    lolitasastri a remercié Karin Madgwick
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    I really like the new pieces I think the gray sofa looks a little tired now amongst the new pieces, here are a few gray couches from Bryght that I think would pair very nicely with your new settee and ottoman.

Nova Sectional in Orion Gray
    http://www.bryght.com/product/856/nova-orion-gray-left-sectional

Edward Sofa in Bard Gray
    http://www.bryght.com/product/795/edward-bard-gray-sofa

Nova Sofa in Bard Gray
    http://www.bryght.com/product/781/nova-bard-gray-sofa

Just a thought? You can easily resell your existing couch and put that money towards your new couch, it's in great shape and a timeless style it's just a touch off with the new pieces, and I really like the new pieces.

Good Luck!
    lolitasastri a remercié Article
  • il y a 10 ans
    This worked for me once and may work for you: I gave a newer look to an older sofa by unzipping the cushions and wrapping the existing foam with more. It filled out the cushions as in the sofas pictured above.

That, and adding legs, and you have a winner!
    lolitasastri a remercié pcmom1
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    What a great idea! I have a sofa with the same problem.
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    I would put sort legs on the settee that are similar to the ottomans.
    lolitasastri a remercié Amy Vangsgard Gallery
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    The ottoman looks fine, the settee looks out of place. If it's a family room or den, consider something a bit more cozy.
    lolitasastri a remercié Charmean Neithart Interiors
  • il y a 10 ans
    For me, it's too much upholstery all together. I'd bring in a wood coffee table or replace the settee with leather chairs or chairs with more wood to them. Maybe some baskets for additional texture?
    lolitasastri a remercié Jessica Decker Kinzler
  • il y a 10 ans
    Think the settee would be great in a bedroom. Maybe start a quest for a church pew to replace it with.
    Lake Home Living · Plus d'infos
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    The settee is off balance in scale, shape and function.
    Scale because of it's height and svelteness
    Shape because it's height makes it feel almost pointy,
    Function because lIt's different from the sofa's sit down and be comfortable personality
    Good Luck to you.
    lolitasastri a remercié Nancy Sanford Interiors
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».