Houzz Logo Print
cmcole01

Window treatment ideas for room of windows??

cmcole01
il y a 11 ans
I have a small tv room with 3 walls of windows and need some advice about window treatments (style, colors, brands). The room is painted BM Wythe Blue and the sofa will be brown/taupe (chaise sectional). Room doesn't get a ton of light so keeping out sun isn't priority - priority is privacy. Attached are pics of room - any help would be great!

Commentaires (64)

• PRO
    Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
    il y a 11 ans
    I've recently installed Hunter Douglas sheer duette shades...very pretty. The fabric in the shade was HD D8, I think if you can navigate their site you can see the fabrics available. D8 is the sheerest fabric they do in the Duette.
  • mssnell
    il y a 11 ans
    I have Hunter Douglas cellular, and love them but the silhouette shades are gorgeous.
  • Discussions associées

Echoes driving us crazy!

Q

Commentaires (2)
    Thanks, indeed. A rug would be an option, but our 2 small kids eat like pigs... This option is for later :0) Does anybody have an idea that fits our minimalistic style? We are not fan of "busy" spaces. Is there any technical solution? Sth we could stick under the table or a trick, magical plants perhaps?
    ... Voir plus

Couleur peinture et sol cuisine

Q

Commentaires (5)
    Bonjour! Is your ceiling unique to the kitchen or continues for another room? You can use the ceiling to add color If just the kitchen. A medium intensity color would warm up the space without making somber. You can also choose a wall as an accent, keeping the rest very pale. Tones of yellow would be nice. See the Benjamin color trends for 2016. A lot of whites accentuated with colors. One room has yellow, but you don't have to go so intense. Also see on houzz "clored" ceilings. You can also use our window frames to add contrast painting them a darker shade of gray or charcoal. It gives character, definition and class Sorry i dont have photos to demontrate at the moment (problem with iphone:( but you can always find on houzz) :) Hope this helps!
    ... Voir plus

Cuisine 11 m2 avec ilot ?

Q

Commentaires (761)
    Ces derniers sont meilleure en finition et juste la couleur qui me reste a chosir. c'est du parquet imitation bois made in spain.
    ... Voir plus

Wall art idea needed

Q

Commentaires (7)
    Hello Velvet Ninja You seem concerned with that one wall. I'm not trying to criticize, the space seems new, with quality materials and well-lit, but have you also noticed the other big white walls? and ceiling? Why just the wall with the mirror? You've got a majority of white, a good dose of black, some chrome / stainless steel details and an uninterrupted shiny pale wood floor. It's relatively astonishing that you have a white door and only one white window, but the other window is black? Everything is relativement anonymous, nice, but nothing too ground-breaking. Is this a rental or your own home? Are you sure that just some art on that one wall will make it cozy and beautiful? Have you thought about any window treatments? Store venetien? Rideaux? Store bateaux? Any type of rug under the dining table? A rug called Bolon, made of woven vinyl fibers, easily cleaned ant anti-allergy. Is the mirror not on the axis of the table on purpose? And why a dark wood? It adds to the "window types", a black one, a white one and the wooden mirror one... Some more information would be helpful. good luck, Lynn
    ... Voir plus
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    I'm looking for ideas for accent colors in this very small room, specifically with windows, pillows, maybe a small rug, and a throw. There isn't much room for anything else. The paint is BM Wythe blue.

I still need to tackle the window issue - plan on enlisting professional help with this. We have a temporary curtain up on one side for privacy as our neighbors driveway is very close on that side.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    What do people think of either of these accent pillows for TV room sofa. The walls are BM Wythe Blue and sofa is brown. Need to still determine window treatments, throw, and maybe a rug but I'm looking to bring some color to sofa and thought these pillows might work. Thoughts?
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    il y a 10 ans
    I very much like the soft colors in the pillow below and suggest two of these plus a solid pillow in the wall color.
    Blue, Green Decorative Pillow Cover in Tropical Leaves By Annsliee · Plus d'infos
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Carolyn thanks - that is a beautiful pillow. So you think the softer colors would work better than the more colorful pillows I posted. I think I agree. If I were to go with these and the solid pillows what color throw would you suggest?
  • PRO
    Decor Team
    il y a 10 ans
    Since your furniture is so close to the windows I would not recommend drapes, but a roman shade. This is a photo of some roman panels that we had previously done:
    Apartment 918 · Plus d'infos
    . A nice patterned fabric for the panels with some custom accent pillows would really pull your living room together.
    Harlequin Fabric · Plus d'infos
    . I feel like this pattern would be nice, but take a look through fabric books and find something that you love.
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    The green from the pillows would be good for a throw, or off white.
  • Ramona
    il y a 10 ans
    Hunter Douglas silhouette are absolutely beautiful, but your room screams for top down shades. You will love sitting in there and being able to see trees and sky with complete privacy.
  • Ramona
    il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
    This goes with the pillows Carolyn suggested.

[houzz=
    Loloi Rugs Milano ML-08 Grey / Mist · Plus d'infos
    ]

or this

[houzz=
    Safavieh Cambridge CAM-139 Light Blue, Ivory (A) Area Rugs · Plus d'infos
    ]

[houzz=
    Jaipur Rugs Maroc Nada Ceramic (MR-75) Area Rugs · Plus d'infos
    ]

and I love this pillow

[houzz=
    Furniture: Blue Coral Pillow · Plus d'infos
    ]
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    With so much view of the outdoors, I might prefer a seagrass rug.
    Handwoven Sisal Natural/Beige Seagrass Bordered Rug (5' x 8') · Plus d'infos
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Thanks all. I appreciate input and think I'm leaning towards Carolyn's ideas of the more subtle rug and pillows. The color of the walls in the room is so pretty and that along with all the windows should be the focal point (not the rug or pillows). I like the more neutral rug, especially since so little of it would be exposed.
    I am definitely going to do some kind of shade in this room. I will consult an expert to help me as the windows are large and also I need to keep lighter in order to keep from having room shrink on me when closed. Love the ideas so far :-).
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    hi again - so what do you all think about either of these 2 pillows and the attached throw for the sofa? Carolyn had suggested 2 patterned and then solid. i do like the softer look, any thoughts?
  • Kathleen Jamison
    il y a 10 ans
    Now days I think the heavy blinds can work with remote control.
    Ben Moore has new paint collection similar to the historical collection. It is the Williamsburg collection. Wythe blue is part of
    this. I fell in love and as soon as I saw collection called the painters. Used Green Umber and Nelson Blue.
  • Kathleen Jamison
    il y a 10 ans
    Cmcole the HD silhouette blinds come hundreds of ways. Plan a time when you can talk with a rep..there is lots to learn. I was along with my daughter when she was make this decision a window coverings in the end the simple white silhouette work work the guest bedroom. But oh boy where there choices.
  • PRO
    Tres McKinney Design
    il y a 10 ans
    Plantation shutters with 3" blades painted white to match the trim.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Did anyone have any thoughts on the pillow options & throw I posted? These would be to accent the brown sofa in the blue/green room (with lots of windows). I look forward to comments.
    Thanks for the window ideas.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Hi again - I'm wondering about the pillows attached. I found this solid one that I thought would work against wall color and am still between the 2 printed pillows, thoughts? I think I like the one with the medallion better. Also I found this ivory throw.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    I ordered the PB pillow cover and really do like it - the color works great in room and against sofa. However I didn't realize how big it was before I ordered. The pillow is 24" square - which feels huge. What do u think on size and colors? I still have the cover in the plastic just in case....
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    The colors work very well, but I agree with you that 24" is too big unless you used 2 or 3 of them as floor pillows. Do they offer the same fabric in a smaller size?
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Thanks Carolyn - no it's such a bummer, these are the only size! I love the colors. Maybe I'll keep looking.
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    Have you looked at Etsy and West Elm?
  • Julia K
    il y a 10 ans
    You could absolutely go with a roman shade. Try fabric.com and if you want to add color, look for a pattern that you love. A chevron color may work nicely in there - for a modern look. A bamboo shade would make for a simple, more neutral shade. Or you can go safe and do a white roman shade with a ribbon trim down the sides. I don't think you can make any mistakes in that room.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Carolyn - thanks I have looked at west elm and am not sure if anything there would work, I'll look again. I definitely need to check out Etsy as I have had luck there in the past with pillows. What color would you say I'm trying to match (similar to wall color). I always am confused is it teal, aqua etc (blue /green)??

Jlkayton - thanks so much. I like your ideas. Funny that even though my initial dilemma was about the windows I seem to be focusing on everything else for now :-). I will keep in mind once I am ready to tackle.
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    On etsy, I really admire the pillows from Marthat and Ash. If you can't find anything you like, I suggest you have the PB pillows cut down to the size you want.
  • PRO
    Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
    il y a 10 ans
    Hi, Jumping in here...........having looked at the pictures of your room I have a couple of thoughts for you in regard to window coverings. Shutters are an obvious choice but you might want something different or more budget sensitive. (If you do elect to use shutters, it might be cool to install from the middle of the window to the floor in those locations where you'd like to hide the radiators. The idea would be to make the room look like it is wrapped in shutters) Shades like woven natural or match stick style can give you privacy and add some natural texture to your room. By installing "bottom-up" shades you can adjust the top to expose some sky and foliage and screen off the view of your neighbor's.
    You might like to add a few drapery panels to give the room more height. Using a not-too-busy-but-colorful fabric at strategic locations will become visual "columns" to draw the eye from floor to ceiling, accentuating the height.
  • PRO
    Specialty Doors
    il y a 10 ans
    I think a roller shade is best, the type used in mid century home designs. I have them on my sliding doors at home and plantation shutters on the other windows. Great combo!
  • PRO
    Rebecca Hite, Realtor, Huntington Properties, LLC.
    il y a 10 ans
    Because of the width of the windows, I suggest a top-up-bottm-down shade. They are super easy to use and offer versatile options of opening them. They come in all kinds of colors, too!
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    What about these pillow options? I bought an ivory throw from West Elm for the couch too. I'd appreciate any thoughts on these pillows (or others).
  • ahostler
    il y a 10 ans
    I like the first one, second is kind of dressy I love it but dressy
    The 3rd one is more southwestern to me..
  • PRO
    Nancy Sanford Interiors
    il y a 10 ans
    Sliding panels on a track would be a nice solution. If you care to check them out at theshadestore.com Good Luck.
  • PRO
    DeCristo Design
    il y a 10 ans
    Looks like the windows slide so I would suggest hunter Douglas luminette. The sister to silhouette only vertical. Offers privacy still allows soft light in the room . Stick with hunter Douglas products least problems and innovative products
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    What are thoughts on attached pillows for my sofa? I love the solid blue one - but is it too blue and not green enough to work in room with a patterned pillow? As for patterned ones I think my favorite is the first one but the 3rd pic is nice too and brings in other colors - thoughts?

Thanks everyone for ideas on windows - that is still on my list of things to do, I'm just procrastinating :-)
  • PRO
    DeCristo Design
    il y a 10 ans
    I like the one with all the colors and then add a couple of solid maybe in the orange to have it pop on the brown
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    I like best the pillow made with the Robert Allen fabric, plus the Z Gal one, tho that fabric may be too dressy.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Thanks - I ordered the zgallerie pillows so we will see how they are. Question - what size should I get for the ikat pillow (18" or 20")? the zgallerie is 18".
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    If one is 18, then get the 20 for the other. A variety of sizes is good, and if they are placed adjacent to one another, the bigger one will show up nicely behind the smaller one.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    i just found this aqua pillow - do you think this one would work better than the zgallerie one? i love the zgallerie one but think it may be to fancy - these may be a better bet. thoughts?

[houzz=
    diamond weave aqua 18" pillow · Plus d'infos
    ]
  • ahostler
    il y a 10 ans
    Doesn't look like the right color wait till you get the other in first to see the true color
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    Annette is right. You need to see all contenders together in order to select the right combination.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Unfortunately the Zgallerie pillow is back ordered til late march/early April. I was hoping to try to cancel them and buy the other aqua ones.
    Carolyn - do u think the color doesn't look right as well? It's so hard to tell. I really wasn't planning on buying Borg Aqua pillows just to compare.
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    Did you consider my suggestion of cutting down the large sized PB pillows? I've forgotten where you live, but if you have any of the stores near you, it would be a lot easier to go see pillows in person, and to return them as necessary. But I'm guessing that you don't have a bunch of stores near you. I can't tell for certain online what colors will work together. But if you're in doubt, don't order. Sorry I can't be more helpful, cm.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    yes thank you for that idea. i actually found the etsy pillow that i liked a lot so i didn't really need to consider altering the PB pillow. i will return it. i also thought cutting it down so much would effect the balance of the colors on the pillow. so below are pics of the etsy ikat style pillow i ordered and the 2 solid pillows under consideration. does this help? obviously i know that color on the computer is not always true, but i'm asking based on information available. one pillow looks more blue and the other aqua. the ikat is described as being aqua - but looking at the images of the 3 pillows the blue in the ikat seems to be closer to the zgallerie pillow (2nd one). do you agree?

i don't have a zgallerie or CB2 near me but do have a PB (i live in NJ).
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    Thanks, CM, for putting all 3 pillows together. That helps a lot, and looking at them on my iPad also helps as it gives truer colors than my computer does. So based on that, I agree that the Z Gallerie pillow (which I love even tho it's a bit formal) is closer in color to the patterned pillow than the bottom pillow is. And since both you and I love it, I suggest you order it! Sometimes we have to follow our heart.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Thanks Carolyn! I actually already ordered the Zgallerie ones but they are back ordered another 1 1/2 months :-(. Oh well guess it will be a while before I see this all put together. Thanks again
  • Ramona
    il y a 10 ans
    I agree with Carolyn. Those top two together are very nice.
  • eoosullivan
    il y a 10 ans
    Maybe inside mount roman shades with blackout lining.
  • cmcole01
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    I got the ikat pillows and really like them, what do you all think? Will need to wait for the solid blue but have attached a pic.
  • Ramona
    il y a 10 ans
    beautiful
  • PRO
    il y a 10 ans
    It's looking great against the sofa, and will be even better when you get a solid teal to reinforce the new color!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».