Houzz Logo Print
sarahjane72

Exterior colour dilemma

sarahjane72
il y a 8 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 8 ans

Outside · Plus d'infos

Hi everyone,

I am trying to finalise the exterior colours for the house we are building but am unsure about roof colour.

We were going to go with the following:

Roof: Ironstone

Gutters: Ironstone

Fascia: Surfmist

Eaves: Taubmans Cotton Ball

Render: Either Taubmans Arctic Cotton or Ornamental Pearl

Linea board and Sycon: Taubmans Sierra Night

I'm not sure if we should be going with a lighter roof?

Commentaires (7)

• sarahjane72
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

To add to that- the front door and posts will be timber merbau

• PRO
    Carmen Darwin for Evolution House
    il y a 8 ans

From a practical perspective, the dark Ironstone roof would make you home attract a lot of heat which is not so wise if you are living somewhere hot in summer. I would suggest sticking with Surfmist for the roof also or choosing one of the lighter Colourbond Range like Shale Grey and adjusting your colour scheme accordingly. I hope this doesn't throw you in a spin.

• PRO
    BluKube Architecture
    il y a 8 ans
    What colour are the window frames? Are they matching the roof, would be ok if they are.
    Depending on the location Carmen is right about the colour, check the materials specification rating.
    Will a major colour change invoke notification (S96) to the council if the plans are approved for planning purposes?
    Get samples of the products set up on a materials board and view them in daylight to see if you are happy with the choices.
    Enjoy the process!
  • sarahjane72
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    The window frames are silver. We live on the Sunshine Coast so pretty hot in summer. The house is on top of a hill at 130m elevation surrounded by trees so not sure if that makes a difference.
    If I went with a lighter roof like shale grey would the rest of the exterior still look ok?
  • sarahjane72
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

I put the lighter roof and darker gutters into Colorbonds visualizer and they actually look quite good. I would never have thought to have the gutters dark and the roof light

• Fiona
    il y a 8 ans
    Just done a rental property renovation, I used surf mist for the roof and it looks great ( it's finished now ) I went for a really clean light look with Merbau touches. My son moved in and notes that the house ( Gold Coast ) is lovely and cool. I have black terracotta tiles on my own home ( also Gold Coast ) and we use the airconditioner A LOT !!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».