Houzz Logo Print
epratt55

Pink brick dilemma

Emily Perry
il y a 7 ans
Hi, all-

We just purchased this rose brick house, and we are replacing the front door. My question-what color should front door be to tone down pink-ness of brick? What color should accents (door knocker, lights, door knob) be? I'm thinking dark dark grey with polished brass, but let me know if that will look crazy..thank you!! :)

Commentaires (21)

• Elle
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Greens will make the brick look more pink since green is across the color wheel from pink/red. Red would make the brick look least pink and more gray.

• PRO
    Minted Spaces
    il y a 7 ans

What about a wood door like the second one in this link? - http://packerbrick.com/products/reclaimed-antique-brick 

^Maybe one with reddish tones following Elle's advice?

I think wood doors are classic and stand out quite a bit. My eye is drawn to the door more than the brick where as with the green (and probably a grey) door I notice the door as an accent but pay attention to the brick. Does that make sense? I would do bronze hardware but that's completely a personal preference since I don't care for brass.

• Elle
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

I agree that black would look good and would be inclined to go with that or eggplant (even if it were to make the brick look a bit light purple) if you're ok with going dark.

• Emily Perry
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Thank you so much for the responses! Do you think polished brass or antique brass on door and lights? I feel like polished may look a little nuts..
  • er612
    il y a 7 ans

I'd install black fixtures. I would also consider painting the garage doors white.

• groveraxle
    il y a 7 ans

I would also go black on the fixtures and hardware. I LOVE your pink brick.

• groveraxle
    il y a 7 ans

As close as I could come to brass, with a black door:

Black sconces with black, green, and aubergine doors:

• Ypsi 219
    il y a 7 ans

Is there any possibility of painting the brick? Maybe a white brick and then black fixtures and a deep green or muted blue or aubergine on the trim?

• asquithoatley
    il y a 7 ans

No do not paint that brick!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 7 ans

I agree, black door and black lanterns. High gloss on the door would be quite nice.

Love the brick as is. The green landscaping enhances the pink. No solution to that unless you want a limewash on the brick.

• PRO
    Ariana Designs LLC
    il y a 7 ans
    Red will look stunning!!
  • User
    il y a 7 ans
    I'd do black door with antique brass hardware! We just did this to our brick house - although ours is a little less pink.
  • keenplanner
    il y a 7 ans

You can put a white or gray "wash" on the brick to tone down the pink. I like the black idea. I also like the existing door just fine. I'd paint all the door trim and lanterns a low-gloss black, and see if you can find some oil-based enamel to do it with. The resulting finish will look much richer than latex, and probably last longer.

I can't see the windows, but try and do all the trim in black or dark gray. White and pink together are too "candy-colored." Just getting rid of the white will help a lot.

• User
    il y a 7 ans
    Also want to add that our light fixtures were originally shiny bronze and we spray painted them black. It was really easy and they've held up great over the last year.
  • Irene Morresey
    il y a 7 ans
    BM aura wenge would look great a deep chocolate colour
  • Irene Morresey
    il y a 7 ans
    I would be tempted to paint all the down pipes dark to in pic above, looks smart
  • emmarene9
    il y a 7 ans

I prefer the door color you have now, but black would be nice. Black or antique brass for lighting. The knocker can still be shiny brass. Beautiful house you have there.

• smileythecat
    il y a 7 ans

Yes it is beautiful.

• Emily Perry
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Thank you all very much-I really appreciate it :)
  • chloebud
    il y a 7 ans

Beautiful house...love the brick! Black fixtures and hardware...YES!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».