Houzz Logo Print
raquel_petersen

log cabin renovation questions!

I have seen so many talented folks answer others questions and so here I go!

I want a rustic but MODERN feel to this 1959 original log cabin. We are in the process of purchasing and decisions are starting to loom. Here are my thoughts.

1. Replace flooring with light, weathered oak, large planks.

2. Modify kitchen in taking out protruding L shaped counter, add a nice hood vent, a little more counter space between fridge and range, remove shutter blinds. Replace countertops with concrete countertops.

3. Paint interior walls a dark gray with milk paint, so that grain still shows.

4. Furnish with modern style, West Elm ish, lots of rugs.

What do ya'll think? I'm getting pushback from my husband, who declares painting tongue and groove is a sin. I want a cozy, modern feel. Am I crazy to want to paint the walls? Dark? There are a few photos that I've really responded to and they are all darker in feel and tone. I do not want to whitewash everything.

But then again, I'm doubting myself. Ideas are so appreciated.

Commentaires (12)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».