Houzz Logo Print
vickylarsen

HELP with the exterior color of this house.

Wiki RE
il y a 7 ans

Blah & wrong color. How can we update so it's Wow. And without having to repaint the entire house. Budget! Thanks in advance!

Commentaires (15)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 7 ans

Take the shutters off on the bottom they make no sense at all and I mean all then I guess the question is what are you prepared to do? I think some great landscaping would go a long way to make it look nicer. Paint the upper shutters a dark green, the house color is something I would change but maybe see how these suggestion help

• User
    il y a 7 ans

Ooh yes, the bottom shutters look too long.

• PRO
    The Joshua Tree Vanities
    il y a 7 ans

Agreed, its very long

• flopsycat1
    il y a 7 ans

And no shutters around the door.

• PRO
    SES Enterprises, LLC
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Leave the shutters on the the bottom windows but trim to fit. Remove shutters from front door. Paint the front door a bright color to contrast with the dullness of the siding and shutters. Install a decoration centered (L and W) in the space between the 2 upper windows to mirror the front door. And finally... plant bright flowers along the front of the home!!! Blues, pinks, oranges, whites, yellows!!!

• Julie Ann Feltovich
    il y a 7 ans
    How about painting an off white (not as peachy as the example below), black shutters and a fun color front door like a beachy blue?
    Door color example in the second picture!
  • Julie Ann Feltovich
    il y a 7 ans
    Oops you said without painting whole thing! I would save up and make it right when you do it and paint the entire house!
  • PRO
    Design Everest
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Remove the shutters. Looking odd.

• susanalanandwrigley
    il y a 7 ans

Agree the bottom shutters look off but removing them may necessitate painting the whole house which it looks like you want to avoid. But what really stands out to me is the complete lack of landscaping. Add some bushes, perennials, trees - anything to add interest, color, texture. If you have lovely landscaping it will draw your eye to that instead of the house itself. Visit a local nursery for ideas for your area.

• Bailey R
    il y a 7 ans

Is the garage door white? If so, I'd paint a darker color. Landscaping needed most in addition to shutter removal on lower part of house.

• PRO
    kustom kourtyards
    il y a 7 ans

Agree with the above comments.

1.SHUTTERS: Shorten the window shutters on bottom windows. Remove the door shutters. Keep the shutters - it adds character to the house. Maybe, add planter boxes to the bottom of the two lower window. Plant come color in them. If you do not add color in the front flower beds.

2.FRONT DOOR: If, the door is wood. I would strip it down to the bare wood. Stain it a dark brown color. Install a marine polyurethane, afterwards. If, thinking new - Brown wood with a unique glass insert

3.PERGOLA: Build a Pergola that is the same width as the front of house, & have it come out two feet past the front edge of the walk way. favorite - cedar. Or, no. 1 KDAT wood. " killed dry at treatment = kdat." wood dry inside.

3a.Use Sherwin Williams Super Deck Stain, & stain it. White Color.

4. HOUSE COLOR: maybe, The next time that it needs to be repainted. Look at painting it a different light brown color. Or, white color siding. Or, keep it the same color. Once, you finish adding. May, like the color.

5. LANDSCAPE: I love knock out roses. The front of the house would look great with red roses planted in front. Plant them in 3 inches of garden soil. use rose plant food. Mix in some tricolor gingers. With a splash of purple agapanthus.

• PRO
    kustom kourtyards
    il y a 7 ans

PERGOLA: The top to be leveled to the bottom of the second floor. White stripe above the front door & windows

• Wiki RE
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Thank you everyone. The shutters are built into the brick, even around the door :( so if we take them off or trim them, there will be a void.

What additional color could we use on the lower or upper front - As well as a new door color - to help make it more appealing? Repainting the whole house is not an option, sorry to say. Flower boxes under the windows would help, agree?

• friedberg
    il y a 7 ans
    Here is what would work...
    Black painted flower boxes (preferably oversized) between the tall shuttered windows. I would also put in plants that hang down over the boxes.
    Change the garage door color from white to black. If there is trim on the garage I would paint it white to create some interest on the black.
    If budget allows spruce up the front door by refinishing it to a darker color or painting it.
    Landscaping with shrubs and flowers is always a nice way pull the eye down off the house.
    Planted pots on each side of the front door can also make a huge difference... include an evergreen in the pot for winter color.
    Hope this helps!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».