Houzz Logo Print
tracey_moss

Suggestions for hall radiator please

Tracey Moss
il y a 7 ans

Hi all

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hall radiator which would look good on the available open wall space please? We've just changed the front door and added a porch so it isn't as cold as it used to be in the hall (the long wall backs on to an integral garage). The new coat and shoe rack covers the existing radiator - current radiator dimensions are 70cm x 60cm x 6cm. The décor will be changed in March and those pictures are coming down!

Many thanks

Tracey

Commentaires (15)

• PRO
    Sort Our Stuff
    il y a 7 ans
    Go for a standard rad and make a statement rad cover. If its 20cm deep you can make a feature with a mirror and have a useful shelf for incoming and outgoing post and keys etc.
  • Daisy England
    il y a 7 ans
    The one I now have in my kitchen is similar to the one above. I made sure the output was sufficient as we now have the one radiator instead of 2. It's great and offers more heat than the other 2 did. We love it.
    Tracey Moss a remercié Daisy England
  • PRO
    Best Heating
    il y a 7 ans

Looks great Daisy! That's one of my personal faves lol (John - Social Media Manager)

• V
    il y a 7 ans
    Geyser.co.uk have lots of long, horizontal radiators, both central heating and electric versions, in various colours. I have used the company for all of our new rads - great service and next day delivery on in stock items. If you wanted not to really see the radiator, I would suggest a flat panel option such as this http://www.geyser.co.uk/geyser-muro-fascia-bianco-white-single-panel-designer-radiator-p-3481.html.
  • Isidora Markovic
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Hi Tracey!

What kind of style is the rest of the house in/being done in? I think a traditional radiator would look great based on the photos you've attached.

Here are a few photos of different kinds for inspiration, there might be one that catches your eye:

Fulham Garden Flat · Plus d'infos

Peckham Home · Plus d'infos

My Home · Plus d'infos

600x990mm White Square Panel Designer Horizontal Radiator · Plus d'infos

Tracey Moss a remercié Isidora Markovic
  • Joanna Biddolph
    il y a 7 ans

I agree with the comments about covering whatever you have with a radiator cover - to reduce ugliness and provide a really useful shelf above. However, whether you go down that route or not, the location is a super-important aspect. Mine is in exactly the wrong place - and it was my decision - and I regret it every day. The trouble is that it took a lot of drilling through concrete below original terracotta tiles (I had no idea it would mean that) so if I move it again it means more wrecked floor and how the pipes would work is impossible to imagine. I can't cover it up with a cover as it is in a small corner next to the front door and fits the space exactly, end to end. A cover would stop the door from opening. I had hopeless advice from the plumber installing the radiator; advice I have to live with - bitterly. Mine is in a hall like yours with the radiator opposite yours but facing the hall (my window is half length). I didn't want it where yours is as I thought it would protrude just where people arrive or leave. I reckon yours is in the right place; it just needs to be prettied up a bit.

Tracey Moss a remercié Joanna Biddolph
  • chrissiefc
    il y a 7 ans

Hi Tracey,

it seems to me that the coat stand could be replaced with a possibly longer wall mounted arrangement of shelf, niches and hooks, which would give better storage for coats, gloves, has, umbrellas etc. The frame of the current arrangement is really redundant since you are not hanging coats on hangers anyway. The suggested solution could contribute more positively to the hallway and would stick out less into the space at eye level. Thus you would enable you to keep the rad. where it is, perhaps hanging shorter coats over it....

Tracey Moss a remercié chrissiefc
  • chrissiefc
    il y a 7 ans

Me again Tracey- just had another look. What about making the rad longer and lower and putting a seat over it where the entrance hall is widest- still sticking to the wall mounted hanging idea. A mirror, or series of smaller mirrors on the rest of the wall adjacent to the stairs would make the space seem wider.

• cameliamit
    il y a 7 ans

Hi Tracey,

I have a similar hallway and I think the problem here is not the radiator but the position of the coat stand. I would move it on the other side and if possible change the door opening, so that when you open the door you walk to the stairs or hallway. After you've done that you can cover the radiator you have as suggested above and place a mirror above it. I think that will look great!

Tracey Moss a remercié cameliamit
  • sylvia241246
    il y a 7 ans

Hi Tracey,

I am about to embark on a similar update and I am currently looking at designer vertical flat panel radiators which come with a design / picture on them and would provide a 'conversation' piece too. There are many makers and it's all about choice ... and budget as they are more expensive than the normal radiator ... but I think 'worth it'! best wishes whatever you decide.

Tracey Moss a remercié sylvia241246
  • minnie101
    il y a 7 ans

Hi Tracey. Does the coat stand fit in the porch? If the hall was cold I might just put a wooden shelf over the top, accessorise and add a mirror plus paint the radiator in the wall colour so it blends in. It looks a little close to the bottom of the stairs to move it but that may be the camera angle?

Tracey Moss a remercié minnie101
  • PRO
    Couch Potato Company
    il y a 7 ans

Eskimo Design have great radiators, including some amazing natural stone veneers:

http://www.eskimodesign.co.uk/

Tracey Moss a remercié Couch Potato Company
  • Tracey Moss
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Thanks everyone. I'll have a proper read once I'm home from work.

We have just had a new from door (switched the door and side panel) and added the porch in the last week or so. We've only just bought the coat/shoe rack to replace a basic coat rack so I guess that's staying.

Opposite the coat rack is the lounge and there really isn't room for a radiator cover once we move the radiator further down the hall (we've just removed a cover from there).

I'll definitely have a look at the radiator suggestions later, thank you.

Very appreciative of all comments.

• PRO
    Feature Radiators
    il y a 7 ans

It obviously has to be quite slimline, but luckily there is plenty of choice now and lots of sizes available so should be easy to find a solution you are happy with.

You can go classic with a steel column radiator

Radiators for hallways - restricted depth · Plus d'infos

Or cast iron if you want something more traditional like our Wilberforce

Or something ultra-minimal like our Dansk Plan

Heat output is critical so do give me a call on 01274 515734 if you need some advice.

Warm regards, Helena

Tracey Moss a remercié Feature Radiators
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».