Houzz Logo Print
tichmaisva

How do you rate this kitchen and would you change anything

Frank
il y a 6 ans
How do you rate this kitchen and would you change anything on this kitchen? Would change the colour and do you consider this a modern kitchen? Thank you in advance.

Commentaires (69)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 6 ans

Probably too late to plan a "downdraft vent" in the island. Unless the island has a basement under that allows access to provide a path for the exhaust ducting. What is your logic in not having a vent for the cooktop?

• chiflipper
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

"All hat, no cattle" = pretty to look at, a nightmare for anyone who does more than make coffee.

• felizlady
    il y a 6 ans
    I would prefer the cooktop on a wall cabinet (never on a counter near where people would be sitting), more cabinetry for storage, a real sink instead of that tiny thing, more color, better lighting, a rug or two for comfort while standing, and comfortable stools made for someone larger than a ten-year-old. If you are a tiny or petite person, this may work for you, but not for tall or wide people.
  • friedajune
    il y a 6 ans

The lack of exhaust is really an issue in what is supposed to be a kitchen that is new and modern. The cooktop needs to be off the island. The fridge placement is silly. As pointed out above, there are several places in the kitchen where the fridge could go. People will either laugh when they see the fridge in the scullery (spelled with a u, not an a), or they will leave.

• Monique Barrow
    il y a 6 ans
    • I like to have fridge and dishwaher in the kitchen. So it would give up some storage cabinets for these two appliances. I don't want to cook without a venthood and I would close the open shelves. Give up the drawers facing the room for a small winefridge. No uppper cabinets for me

• I love the look of this modern kitchen, love the colours.

• User
    il y a 6 ans

I think having a cooktop in the island is a nice idea especially when having family or friends over you can face them while cooking but the only thing is when you don’t want grease splattering on them.

• friedajune
    il y a 6 ans

• apple_pie_order
    il y a 6 ans

What country will this be in? Will there be a maid or cook?

• Kicksychick
    il y a 6 ans

A great kitchen for someone who does not cook and just wants something different from everyone else.

• nwaller59
    il y a 6 ans

If you love to clean, this is your kitchen!

• visualizemaven
    il y a 6 ans

yes, sounds like it is a done deal.

• apple_pie_order
    il y a 6 ans

Looks like a computer model to me.

• Frank
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    its a design that can be changed and wanted some final input before finalising the design. We will put the pop out extractor fan on the island as recommended here. The island is to be used mainly as work top for cooking preparations because there is a dining next to kitchen with a table. The chairs in the island are for someone seating for family time not for again meals. fridge felt clustered because we have a big LG double door fridge which we would like to keep. the sink in kitchen is a prep bowl and not a sink. the sink is in the scullery.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 6 ans
    Really glad this was a trick. Tear up the plan and get a good kitchen designer who can fix this before you finalize this “design”. My feedback was based on the impression you gave that this was implemented. Going from that basis, there is only so much that can realistically get done. Big mistake.
  • lisa_a
    il y a 6 ans

Move your big LG double door fridge up against a wall, as you plan to have it in your remodeled kitchen. I'd bet dollars to donuts that you won't be able to open the door wide enough to pull out fridge drawers.

This is how wide I have to open my double door fridge to pull out the drawers. It's the same for the other door. I need to open both doors wide to pull out the meat and cheese drawer below the fruit and veggie drawers.

You want to keep the clean-up sink and DW in the scullery, that's fine. But move the fridge out so that you have a more efficient work zone and so that a wall doesn't prevent you from fully opening the door. (If you move it to the same cab/counter run as the prep sink, as I suggested, widen the scullery door if it sits proud of the fridge box.)

• Juanita Morrison
    il y a 6 ans
    Not a functioning kitchen at all for someone that intends to cook and bake!
  • Steven
    il y a 6 ans
    Looks to me like form didn’t follow function here...which is unfortunate because it would have been a nice kitchen. I like the minimalist aesthetic and the colours seem to work well. But it’s not a very practical kitchen. My two biggest concerns are the lack of ventilation over the cooktop (not location I can live with that) and the small sink. I’d want those two addressed.

Also storage does seem to be compromised. Either add doors to shelves or expand the short cabinets up a bit more.
  • PRO
    Filipe Custom Woodwork
    il y a 6 ans

Pretty to look at but in functionality I give it a 0.

• User
    il y a 6 ans

You didn’t mention why Filipe Custom Woodwork.

• PRO
    Filipe Custom Woodwork
    il y a 6 ans

There is not enough space for storage, No extraction for stove top, i do not like the stove in the island, especially a seating island, the open shelves are pretty but that is it where is the function?? this kitchen seems to be for a person who likes to cook occasionally and likes to go out to dinner instead. I go for function before esthetics. IMO. There is so much cabinetry sacrificed here for the "look" I mean that is fine for the occasional cook. Again my opinion.

• Anna S
    il y a 6 ans
    Modern but dates. When I first saw it I thought “2003.”

It needs more contrast and fresher colors. Those yellow beiges are very bleh. And no, the answer is not to switch to today’s grays, which are least overdone.

I’ll leave the functional comments to others.
  • User
    il y a 6 ans

The only function is that the fridge, sink and vent is not in the work area which, can be changed he has a open shelve pantry and other storage next to ovens and underneath the countertop.

• jmm1837
    il y a 6 ans
    Not having the fridge, dishwasher and sink in the work area are pretty major functional flaws in my book. The short cabinets where the ovens are represent a waste of space, and arent all that aesthetic. Id put the fridge on that wall, and stack a wall oven and the microwave there myself, put cabinets to the ceiling, and install a decent sink with dishwasher under the window. Keep the scullery for spare additional storage, a laundry with laundry sink, a broom closet and maybe a wine fridge. Who wants to do dishes in a closet?
  • User
    il y a 6 ans

I never they weren't major functions in the work area but you cannot say its not great looking kitchen.

• ladyonzlake
    il y a 6 ans

With the upper cabinets being short and the addition of the window valance it makes the room feel small and ceiling low. It does seem that the refrigerator should be placed to the left of the sink and the sink looks too small for the space. I know a lot of people like the modern look but for me it feels too cold.

• Frank
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans
    Final design used. Kitchen stools to be purchased
  • Steven
    il y a 5 ans
    Interesting final result. Can we see more pictures of the scullery? Did you do the Downdraft vent at the cooktop? Also I’m finding the colour temperature of your bulbs read too white for your house. Really I don’t think you should exceed 3000K inside a home...perhaps in the garage or in a storage room you could but in here, it’s too white. Those will make your kitchen look much nicer
  • Allison0704
    il y a 5 ans

Does the finished product exceed your expectations?

It appears there is no vent for cooktop. What was your reasoning for skipping? What do you do when removing hot items from cooktop? The prep sink is too small to be functional for anything other than tea/coffee.

Is that your double door LG previously mentioned? I would have built out the cabinets more so the sides wouldn't show from this room.

Did you do the shelves/wine storage to right on sink wall?

• simplechoices
    il y a 5 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 5 ans

Looks like a kitchen for a home show designed to sell cabinets and appliances and a life-style, but definitely not a work-friendly-functional kitchen. For take out and coffee only.

• User
    il y a 5 ans

Terrible design. It’s a kitchen completely divorced from its primary function and reduced to a visual art sketch. Looks not cooks.

What a waste of a considerable sum of money.

• Kate
    il y a 5 ans
    I would like the oven wall to be the same height as the pantry cabinet, and the stuff on top is an odd choice.
  • zmith
    il y a 5 ans

Looks very nice, but I think you're going to find the refrigerator location to be very inconvenient.

• dan1888
    il y a 5 ans

Task lighting is lacking for that cooktop. I hope there's some for the counter areas. What I see will create shadows from your body when you're cutting something.

• cpartist
    il y a 5 ans

Well the good news is that whoever actually does cook in this kitchen will stay slim running back and forth between fridge, prep sink, cooktop and ovens and then clearing dishes to scullery.

Great looking kitchen. Completely dysfunctional for anything other than making coffee.

• Nadya
    il y a 5 ans

It's a toy kitchen.

• Frank
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans
    Scallery
  • friedajune
    il y a 5 ans

"Scallery"

So, you didn't listen to any of the advice from this forum. What a waste of everyone's time, and the kitchen is dysfunctional. And for the third time, it's "scullery", not "scallery".

• jslazart
    il y a 5 ans

Makes me think of storm troopers.

• simplechoices
    il y a 5 ans

Is the washer/dryer located in the scullery too? Is that rod to hang clean clothes, next to the dirty dishes?

• User
    il y a 5 ans

Ugh.

• hollybar
    il y a 5 ans

Not my cup of tea at all,but I hope it is yours. Do you enjoy it?

• Hillside House
    il y a 5 ans

Still a gut remodel for me, actually probably more so, since I prefer the finishes in the rendering to your final choices.

I hope you love it, though!

• cookncarpenter
    il y a 5 ans

This was a joke post, wasn't it? ...I'd rather cook in my garage

• tatts
    il y a 5 ans

Wait! All that money, and somebody is still doing dishes by hand? There are 2 drain boards in the scUllery! Ack!

Now I see why the sink was squirrelled away in a separate room. Your scullery is to the kitchen as Elizabeth, NJ is to Manhattan.

• melle_sacto
    il y a 5 ans

This seems like that "show kitchen/messy kitchen" combo I've read about before. I think the prep sink in the cooking area should have been bigger and, as others mentioned, some type of extraction for the cooktop.

A great backdrop for self-produced cooking demos on YouTube!

• Frank
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans
    we love the kitchen and its very functional for us. just moved in and dish washer to be delivered. my wife is very happy with this investment. the home is a modern contemporary home for a young couple. i think the scaling of pictures doesnt show what you would all appreciate. most of you are sadly in the USA hence cant see this master piece for yourselves
  • friedajune
    il y a 5 ans

"cant see this master piece for yourselves"

I've seen enough via your photos and your earlier plans which we all tried to help you with, which wasted our collective time. It would be more sad to see it in real life. It's not a masterpiece. Enjoy your kitchen.

• Hillside House
    il y a 5 ans

Sometimes I really miss the versatility of all of the reaction buttons on Facebook.

• jmm1837
    il y a 5 ans

Well, it just goes to show the truth of the old saying - "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».