Houzz Logo Print
grace_115

Enclosing a balcony

allure viola
il y a 5 ans
I would like to seek your kind advice with regard to the best way to enclose a balcony. I have a large balcony which is currently used for dining table space but I was thinking of converting to a work office and shoe storage space I need. Currently the place is open (see wall) and it is extremely noisy and very humid as it is the first floor. I was thinking of boarding it up but I am not sure how and what materials would be best. Any suggestions welcome- I don’t really need a view as looking into bushes is not helpful anyway! an opaque wall might also help for the study room if at all possible?

Commentaires (6)

• Sim Su-Lynn
    il y a 5 ans
    Hello! Firstly your balcony look lovely with the dining table and couches .
    I’m curious to know if it’s allowed to enclose the space, have you seek permission to enclose the balcony ?
  • allure viola
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans
    Hi Su Lynn! I am not sure about that but my place faces the road so it is really noisy and humid. I thought of panel windows but I was quoted 9k for the work which is really pricey! Maybe glass will be cheaper and allowed if done from the inside...
  • Sim Su-Lynn
    il y a 5 ans
  • HotelAC
    il y a 5 ans
    Yes nice balcony ! I think the green top of the bushes is still nice to see while in the room. extend the wall up just below the green leaves. Add clear glass not opaque , keep the connection of outside to inside. Just add blinds for privacy at night. Enjoy !
  • PRO
    The Curtain Boutique
    il y a 5 ans

Hi there! An option you might want to check out is the original Ziptrak® blinds from Australia. It's approved by URA Singapore and provides an almost enclosed space. You can check out more here: https://facebook.com/TheCurtainBoutique/videos/1642452509209072/

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».