Houzz Logo Print
soenenmisc

Lighting: To Pot or Not to Pot, that is the kitchen table question...

soenenmisc
il y a 4 ans

We are helping our son reno his first house! We are adding a kitchen table with built-in L-shaped banquette seating, and moving the fridge (and cabinet above it), as well as the cabinet on the right in the photo, to the opposite side of the kitchen, in order to make a spot for the table.

The placement of lighting over the table is complicated by a ceiling beam (the house had an addition added 20 years ago).

We‘d prefer to do a light fixture over the table instead of just adding more recessed lighting. But the ceiling beam above the table is not centred on the table, and it is 8.5” wide, and drops down 11”. They are 8’ ceilings. I’m thinking we’d need something that drops more than the 11“, both visually and to spread light across the whole table. I think it‘s possible to do something other than pot lights, and still have the fixture at the ‘required’ 60-66“ from the floor.

We’re considering a circular semi-flush mount, or perhaps something linear would better to extend under the beam (but it would have to be thin to avoid being too close to the beam)?

As far as colouring, he is keeping the oak cabinets but changing to black pulls. The new flooring going in this month is pre-refinished solid maple hardwood, with a hint of grey tone. Casings will be white.

Thank you for any thoughts you have about the lighting dilemma, suggested fixtures, or anything else that jumps out at you in the plans!

Commentaires (11)

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».