Houzz Logo Print
webuser_41727

Master room help

Alya Mohammed T
il y a 10 ans
Here is the master room i need to do some changes to make it warm and comfortable .. I need to add wallpaper and to change the blinds and the floor .. I may go to wooden flooring .. For the empty wall i bought a big pictures frame .. Regarding the mirror table do you suggest a mirror table similar to the 2 side tables and should i move the mirror i have and place it behind the bed and put a plain mirror instead ? .. What colors will be more suitable ?? Silver ?

Commentaires (26)

• Alya Mohammed T
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Any suggestions ?
  • barrandbaisel
    il y a 10 ans
    Warm bamboo flooring, maybe a fabric headboard, with luxurious linens picking up the colors of the rug at the foot of the bed. Mirrors, glass, and black are very metro but not necessarily warm. First pick your palette and go from there, if you like the silver, pick linens and a fabric head board in those hues. What about using the mirror on the wall as the top to a blanket box at the end of the bed?
  • Jessica Helland
    il y a 10 ans
    I'd like to see some decorative mirrors on the wall, too. Or maybe a tall lamp to brighten up the top part of the room. Maybe some bright rugs?
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 10 ans
    I see mirror wall needs a long dark dresser then if you want put mirror over dresser. Remove clutter from floor.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 10 ans
    I would add a taller headboard in dark wood or a velvet fabric in dark cream. Make 4-6 ft high. Or cover in fabric from wall hanging.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 10 ans
    On wall is that a hanging or wall paper? If wall paper I would do behind bed only. And get tall headboard. Mirror end tables too small and not style for room go dark wood big Chet type. Dark wood floors would work but still get area. rug to go under bed see my other post for ideas.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 10 ans
    Let see wall right in front of bed.
  • megvansloun
    il y a 10 ans
    You should get lighter blinds, get two bedside tables, and get coffee table with glass on top.
  • maryan01
    il y a 10 ans
    PUT IN SOME COLOUR!! With such a pleasant base, you could change your colour scheme as often as you please. I suggest starting with a wall decoration you LOVE - so choose carefully - picture, plates, set of photos, wall hanging asian rug, whatever, but colours you really enjoy. Then, pick 1 or 2 or 3 throws to drape on the bed, or over a chair that pick 1 particular colour out & a scatter cushion similar - or 2 or 3.
    I you want, you can do the same with the bed sheets. Then you can change the colour scheme whenever you feel like it. And don't forget fresh flowers. Depending whats available, they can tie in a colour scheme very well & always look so friendly.
  • Alya Mohammed T
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    I liked the idea of floor mirror but how about the dresser table should it be placed next to the floor mirror .. Regarding the fabric headboard how should i place it behind the bed ? Because the bed has a small one would it look nice ? Mine is linked with the bed

So the small mirror placed behind the bed and replaced with floor mirror and for the other wall i bought pictures frame that can contain 18 pics so its quite medium sized

Should i go for blinds or curtains ?
  • glitterinhouston
    il y a 10 ans
    Please take photos of where the doors are and what all the corners look like.
  • Alya Mohammed T
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Should i place it this way or just next to it ? Should the table be mirror table or dark brown wooden one ?
  • Alya Mohammed T
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Yellow or dark blue curtains with silver wall paper would match ?
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 10 ans
    I would take mirror you have on wall now out. Love floor mirror in yr pic but do one half that size 6 ft tall 40" wide. Headboard you have remove. You can buy higher headboard, any bed place. Attach to bed frame, like other one was . You don't keep old one. I would get bigger night stand. Yours are very modern. And wall hanging. (What is that wallpaper?) is traditional. Put dark wood in room instead. Panels on windows a cream add enough to be full A min 4. Don't see window take picture. Area rug 8 x10 in cream and a small design like diamond design in a tan. Push under foot of bed. Then get new bedding. Start with these ideas post picture and we will talk you though rest of room.
  • PRO
    SIMPLY MEMORABLE Staging & Redesign
    il y a 10 ans
    With your nice tall ceilings - room is begging for a chandelier.
  • PRO
    Lamp & Shade Works
    il y a 10 ans
    The sconce on the wall is a little out of place. I would consider a possible track kit that could be side mounted against the wall above the window. It would be a great way to keep the light without removing it all together. Here is a picture of a track that we sell that could go with the modern feel and dark accents. You could also consider a Silver finish as well. Also I would go taller with the side table lamps for a better balance. 25" to 30" tall would be a good range.
  • ccaruso1963
    il y a 10 ans
    yes definitely replace the flooring with hard wood or carpet.. Remove the two side tables, They are overpowering the room. Purchase a medium height padded velvety textured headboard and attach to bed. Set in front of window and add coordinating drapery. with Sheers underneath. Choose a color like TAUPE or Chocolate brown as anything can go with that well. Then purchase new or used pedestal tables for the bedside tables. Should only be 6 inches above the mattress height. in a Dark Brown or Cherry color. Add two lamps with circular shades in white or cream or a very light heather grey. Choose a coordinating bedspread and pillows that have the taupe/grey color as well as other colors it desired. On the adjacent wall where the bed was put a dark wood sofa type table with a large tall mirror behind it but not as large as you have in the pic. Add black and white family pics or go to Art.com and pick circular art pieces for near the bed. Round pillows on the bed as an accent works too.
  • PRO
    Alexei Rebrov Art
    il y a 10 ans
    I agree with others about art. It can bring the warmth and contemporary feel into your room.
    I personally like impressionistic art in bedroom. But this is my taste. Here is a collection: http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/impressionism
  • Alya Mohammed T
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    The problem with the headboard is that mine is attached to the bed not separate so how could i remove it .. Regarding the 2 side tables i need to keep them because we are in love with such a touch in the room .. The lamps i will try replace them with taller one .. The floor will be changed to wooden flooring Thanks for all you suggestions

The only thing that am asking now
    The table should be placed near the floor mirror and what color should it be ? Coffee brown ? Is there is any shape or type ?

The curtains which color and the wall paper as well .. I hope you can help with some pictures to clarify

Thanks all for help i really appreciate it
  • Alya Mohammed T
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    I hope these pictures can be better
  • caroljack
    il y a 10 ans
    SO EASY TO GIVE ADVICE----- there is a lot to consider, your colour preference, do you have
    A partner, and their colour choice. Does the sun rise in this room or set. Are you artsy or mechanical.
    It is all intertwined with the look you acquire.. There are four seasons in the colour wheel. Spring summer winter and fall. Have a look at them, you will know instantly, after that its a breeze. This is a wonderful
    Programme, also architectural digest magazine. Truly love to design this room.
  • cholli2
    il y a 10 ans
    You need a beautiful custom headboard and new comfort set, add some color and a matching rug. Some bedside lighting would step it up also. I don't know your taste, but I like elegance, bling..
  • cholli2
    il y a 10 ans
    Hey it's me again. Consider a chandalier over the bed and a nice window treatment. Perhaps a Roman Shade
  • PRO
    HVL Interiors LLC
    il y a 10 ans
    You have a blank canvas here which while wonderful, can be intimidating. We would
    suggest finding a textile or rug that embodies your vision for the room and use it as your inspiration. Reflect on what makes you feel comfortable and warm in a space. Is it texture, color or certain materials? Wood flooring is a great start. We would caution too much use of one element (i.e. mirror). You have a lot of 'lightness', so we would suggest adding some depth in tone, perhaps with your wall finish. Good luck!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».