Houzz Logo Print
juyaya

Need help on lighting design! Skylight in the hallway or bathroom?

Juyaya
il y a 10 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 10 ans
Hi Houzz community,

Need your help on placing 2 skylights. Do you think we should place them in the hallway (shown as light yellow on the plan) or in the bathrooms (shown as dark yellow)?

The skylights we are looking at are called Solatube Smart LED. They act as skylights in the day, and LED lights in the night. The LED has a color temperature of 3000K (same as incandescent lamps) and a light output of 635 lumens (light up 250 SF). So I am guessing they are going to be pretty bright. In addition, the LED's are not dimmable.

I am having a hard time deciding where they should go. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas.

Julia

Commentaires (5)

• Dr. Mom
    il y a 10 ans
    I had skylights in my bathroom in a house I lived in and I LOVED them! You will spend more time in your bathrooms and the natural daylight is so helpful!
    Juyaya a remercié Dr. Mom
  • User
    il y a 10 ans
    A standard 60 watt bulb is about 800 lumens, so it isn't that bright. Also, make sure they are listed for damp or wet locations if you put them over a tub or shower.
    Juyaya a remercié User
  • PRO
    Solatube International, Inc.
    il y a 10 ans
    Solatube Daylighting Systems can be installed in almost any location in your home! You can also purchase an add-on for your device that dims the light. Check it out here: http://www.solatube.com/residential/smart-led#add-ons
  • Rawketgrl
    il y a 10 ans
    Looks good as is. I would double check how expensive the bulbs are to replace and how hard the process is to replace them, so you can be prepared for that if needed.
  • PRO
    Lightcrafters, Inc.
    il y a 10 ans
    A couple in the kitchen would be nice.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».