Houzz Logo Print
iheartcapnhook

Countertops... questions, advice, suggestions... HELP

Marci
il y a 5 ans

We need help with the last piece of the puzzle... and am so overwhelmed and confused and frustrated.

Backstory: You know that pipe in the center of the house that flooded the house? Yeah, that one. It took out the whole house flooring, kitchen and bath cabinets, 2 bathrooms, lots of drywall...

After MONTHS of frustration, we have FINALLY picked the flooring, paint (SW Fawn Brindle, trim is whatever paint-matched off white/cream that came with the hosue), cabinets (Forevermark Greystone), subway tile for bath/shower walls, penny tile for shower floor, accent tile (can or can not be used as kitchen backsplash), Pictures of cabinet whatever and what everything looks like all together included

Counters are now the nightmare at hand. We can't install cabinets and live without counters and we can't have them measure counters without new cabinets installed. We would love to have a fancy quartz since it has almost no maintenance and I have dirty/splashy kids. This isn't our forever home, so top dollar is out.

We stumbled upon some solid surface counters? The guy at big box said it is the best thing since sliced bread and this is what people want now in their kitchen?

The resale on the word "granite" sends ooohhhhhssssss and aaaahhhhhsssss. I think quartz would be one heck of a selling point with the thought of zero work. Personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE butcher block (always have and always will) but is that just a quick trend to throwback or is it here to stay? Is this solid surface really the bees knees like Mr Orange Apron said it is? I just know with the cabinets being so dark, something lighter is probably the right answer.

I am so totally over picking out things, I need my houzz friends to take the wheel on this one.

Commentaires (16)

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».