Houzz Logo Print
sam_potter37

house front revamp

Sam Potter
il y a 5 ans
I'm tackling the front of my house soon. Thid is the estate agent photo but in fact the window and door surrounds had been overpainted really badly in a horrible shade of apricot by the time I bought it last year. The paint is flaking, lots is splashed on the brickwork and the bay window stone cills are crumbling in places . The front door is cracked ( it's in the kind of area where youths kick the front door. For kicks apparently). The pavement starts about a foot in front of the front of the bay. There are no railings and the concrete path and frontage are cracked/crumbling.
I need the surrounds and woodwork at the top painting, the cills repairing, paint splashes on bricks removing, railings, a gate and a new door. I'd also like to remove the concrete frontage and grow bay trees in front of my windows, directly into the ground as pots might be stolen. I'd also like to install a ( veery short) victorian style tiled garden path.
So... assuming I go for cream coloured cills/ surrounds and a black railing, what colour shall I do the door and what tiles shall I use?
I'm drawn to bubblegum pink, tea rose pink, lemon yellow or teal for the door. Any thoughts on what will go best with a redbrick house?

Commentaires (29)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».