Houzz Logo Print
elotrolado_elotrolado

Help Me Design my home counseling office/guestroom- see photos

This is primarily to be a psychotherapy home office, occasionally doubling as a guest room for short stays. I want it to be warm, nurturing, simple, spacious feeling and functional. Thinking a love seat sleeper (double) sofa would work best. Also, a corner desk unit or custom shelving and table top to serve as a desk to take advantage of the window. I do not want clutter to be visible when counseling, so hidden storage ideas are very welcome. I will keep a double locked file cabinet hidden away in the closet, needing only the essentials in the desk area for doing billing, writing notes, laptop only use (no keyboard/tower), so probably only need a file cabinet with a couple drawers for office supplies, etc in desk area. Would also like to store some reference books and other books that clients can see which suggest diversity, etc. Will use office/therapist chair on rollers moving between desk area and in front of clients on sleeper loveseat/small sofa; probably need 2 small end tables either side of loveseat/sofa. .
Office space is 119" x 132", with window centered on 132" side; Sliding door closet is 29"x 52". Room height=94" corner desk area probably to be in left corner of room, long side along window; sleeper loveseat along right wall, perpendicular to window.

I'd love your suggestions on room color, desk area, sleeper sofa/love seat (double sized not over $1100), hidden storage, small end tables, etc. Specific items to purchase and places to look would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance and I look forward to posting the after pictures to show you what I did.

Commentaires (34)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».